US$194
US$119
US$105
CandlewoodSuites
US$58
All reviewseisenhower suiteother guestssnack trayhistorical figuresguest roomssleeping porchbeautiful propertywedding venuerocking chairsb bsthe cottageseach morningshenandoah valleythe general managerporticobyrdwineries
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

What a remarkable wedding at the Rosemont manor!
We were wowed from the manor to the grounds to the final details.
Beautiful views with classic style.
Highly recommend this manor for your special occasion.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
RMInnkeeper, Owner at Rosemont Manor, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your time here at the manor. We would love to have you come back for a visit, either for an afternoon tea or a bed and breakfast stay.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

This manor is beautiful, peaceful, and filled with kind and courteous staff. The official website states that check-in hours only last until 7pm, 9pm latest for late arrivals, so when my husband and I were stuck in horrible traffic on our back from Tennessee, I was afraid we wouldn't be able check in to our room, but we called in ahead explaining our situation, and the people I spoke with were super understanding and had a staff member wait up for us until we finally arrived around 11pm to get us situated. Plus, since we made our reservations during the week and were their only guests presently, they gave us a free upgrade on our room, so we got to stay in the Byrd Study which has a cute little balcony! We stayed for two nights, and were served a luxurious breakfast each morning, which included an appetizer of fruit topped with the most delicious devonshire cream. (They gave me extra cream upon request!) I enjoyed roaming about the manor grounds barefoot, which with its trees and rolling hills made me feel like I was taking a stroll through Narnia, and the inside of the building has a rich, Victorian flavor. It was the perfect place for me to catch up on some novel writing, or to simply chill with my husband. The only downside was that the bed was creaky and uncomfortable for my husband, which in turn made it difficult for me to sleep, but that might have only been in the one room. I can't express enough how sweet and accommodating the workers were, and how refreshing the atmosphere was. Neither of us can wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

It's certainly no fun getting stuck in traffic, but I'm glad one of our friendly staff members waited up for you. It was our pleasure to upgrade you to the Byrd Study and I'm happy you were able to take in the view of the property from the balcony.
I do apologize that the bed was uncomfortable for your husband. I will let our staff know about your concern.
I love that you described the property as Narnia. It's always wonderful to hear how much our guests enjoy the picturesque scenery here at Rosemont.
Thank you so much for your feedback. I do hope you come back to see us again.

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Well summer was quickly passing and we were looking for a wee vacation. Found it right in our hometown! We did not have to sit in hours of traffic or look for a hotel room.. all we did was enjoy ourselves. First nature cooperated. The day was lovely. So windows and doors were opened. It was refreshing not to be "freezing" with the AC(but they do have AC)
We invited daughter and granddaughter for mid week tea.. it is fun to have an occasion to dress up... but not necessary.

The proprietor has gone to great expense and time to upgrade historic property and still keep it authentic. They are currently replacing windows BUT butting back the old wavey glass where possible.

The tea--oh yes the tea.. we were quite overwhelmed with The majesty of the estate and grounds.. but the tea was amazing! Lovely cloth table cloths with crocheted doily. Elegant china . Three types of hot tea and one cold tea. Food was good and between eating and conversation and drinking tea, we were quite full.

It is good to stop and take time in life to pause. Breath. Be social. Put away the electronics. And look someone in the eye and chat and listen.

Oh the proprietor is also all about preserving the land and plans are to plant trees for those in the future to continue to enjoy snd have a place to come and enjoy the country.

Come and relax. Sit on the portico in the huge rocking chairs and enjoy the simple life.. then you can go back to your "busyness" but you will have those memories of peace moments to see you thru till your next visit.. as I know for me.. there will be a next visit

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your glowing review! We are thrilled you were able to take time for some peace and quite while you stayed here with us at Historic Rosemont Manor. It was our pleasure to have you come and visit with us.
We're happy to hear your enjoyed the tea, from the menu to the decorations. It's also nice to hear from our guests how much they enjoy the landscape and manor here. We are lucky to have a property that is so rich in history.
Please come back and see us. Our tea menus change all of the time and every experience is different.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

We went there to consider the Manor for a wedding reception. The lunch meal was delicious and all food was nicely pared with specially mixed and brewed teas. Everything was made on premises and very tasty. Desserts were simple - yet sumptuous. Staff were very friendly and perky.
Would recommend!

Stayed: August 2016
2  Thank nutrinut

Thank you for your review! We hare happy you enjoyed your time with us and that you enjoyed your lunch while here. Please come back and see us again, whether for an afternoon tea or overnight stay.

Reviewed July 1, 2017

I organized a private tea as none of their dates were convenient for me. We had about 20 women in the fall, when leaves were gorgeous! This place is gorgeous any time of year and we all thoroughly enjoyed the views, the wonderfully prepared tea that was very generous and the history in each of the rooms we toured after the tea. It is definitely a beautiful destination.

Stayed: October 2016
1  Thank Seniors57558
RMInnkeeper, Owner at Rosemont Manor, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2017

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your private tea at Rosemont, and thank you so much for your kind words and thoughtful review of our estate! Fall is a wonderful time to come visit us, and we are happy that you enjoyed the grounds and the fall foliage. Please come back and see us again for a Bed and Breakfast stay or another tea!