All reviews eisenhower suite guest rooms snack tray other guests sleeping porch weekend escape historic property apple butter wedding venue civil war rocking chairs nearby wineries bed and breakfast the cottages b bs each morning shenandoah valley
Reviewed December 11, 2010

My wife and I just spent a fantastic evening at this newly opened bed and breakfast manor in Berryville, Virginia. I travel constantly for business and my wife and I have frequented many B & Bs and I must admit this is one of the finest accommodations we have ever experienced.

The interior of the manor once owned by Senator Byrd is meticulously and beautifully decorated. The manor was built in 1811 and has been immaculately maintained with all the necessary updates you would expect from a top notch hotel.

Numerous presidents and VIPs have visited Rosemont and the innkeeper and staff made us feel just as welcome and special as any dignitary. Attention to detail was obvious in every element of our treatment from the delicious food and drink to the personalized touches in each room.

We slept in the Roosevelt Suite which rivals any 5 star hotel room. The room was huge and comfortably furnished. Our bathroom was equally large with a terrific claw foot tub and luxurious bath robes. The breakfast service was terrific and the views of the property were impressive.

We look forward to visiting again with friends!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2010

My husband and I just spent the weekend at this beautiful inn. I don't normally write reviews, but this place just opened and I want to make sure that it stays open in a tough economy! The house is a gorgeous, expansive mansion, with large grounds. The innkeeper, Andrew, was probably the best innkeeper we've met. He was very friendly and full of information about the area and the family (the famous Virginia Byrds) that once owned the house. But he also left us to enjoy the house's beautiful rooms on our own. The inn has been very well-appointed, and is in keeping with its history without becoming cheesy. Our *only* complaint was that the guest room did not have curtains that went all the way down--they permanently hung several inches short of where the window ended. But the inn just opened, and I'm sure they'll have proper curtains in all their rooms soon.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler30242
Reviewed November 8, 2010

One of the most relaxing weekends of my life. The service and food were awesome! We came to visit Harper's Ferry and fell in love with Berryville as well. Great hospitality, great history and even though the Manor House is HUGE, the experience was very cozy.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I believe the Inn Keeper makes or breaks a bed and bedfast establishment. Andrew was friendly, courteous, helpful, and knowledgeable. His service was impeccable. It doesn't hurt that previous owner of the house and estate was the late Senator Bryd. The grounds were beautifully kept and plenty of huge and old trees that date back to the 1900's. The house itself was large and gorgeous. You can tell the owner Biff/Barb put plenty of their heart and love into making the estate to what it once was, an place where past presidents and dignataries used to stay. All the rooms were recently updated. The suites have plenty of room and each has it own bathroom, a plus in my book. Berryville has lots to offer from mom and pops stores, antiques, art galleries, resturants. So if you enjoy a quiet, well maintained, well serviced, relaxing weekend or week (there are no televisions), I suggest the Rosemont Manor.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple