“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
PA
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Very nice accommodations. Close to several restaurants. Does not have an exercise room as some other Microtel hotels do.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I used to be a regular guest in this motel with my job on the Railroad. I stayed there very regular since 2008 so I can safely tell you about the hotel and its staff. Let me start out by saying this place has CLEAN COMFORTABLE rooms. Abit they are a little small but that is where the name "microtel" comes inn. All microtels have this arrangement which is not really a problem, just something to be aware of. They do however have suites as well but the standard room in a microtel is "micro" but comfortable.

The staff at this property is absolutely AMAZING!! The general manager and Birdie the assistant manager truly care about the guests. I have been there on the occasion where Birdie has even brought cookies in for the guests. When I went to this hotel. I did not feel like I was going to a hotel, I felt like a guest in a good friend's house..

As far as amenities at this property, you have free wifi internet and if you dont have a computer they have one in the lobby with a printer. You get a nice breakfast, and there is an enclosed pool that is very nice.. Don't worry about hauling your grips up the stairs because this hotel has a VERY nice United/Thyssenkrupp Hydraulic elevator. If you are hungry? you are within walking distance of several restaurants and a Walmart.

In Conclusion, you will not be disappointed with your stay. Lastly if you see Birdie, tell her that dieselducy sent you.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, however I would recommend asking for a room facing away from interstate 81
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank dieselducy
Warwick, New York
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Lobby is well lit and clean. No odors in lobby, second floor hallway or room (Rm215. Non-smoking). Room and bathroom were clean and neat. Bed was comfortable. A/C works fine, not noisy. Plenty of services and restaurants in the area. Unfortunately, none in walking distance but a very short drive(less than 1/4 mile). A weird soft spot in the bathtub floor. Almost like the flooring was rotted or non existent. Shower works completely fine. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rm 215 was fine other than the soft spot in the bathtub. And that wasn't a show stopper.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Southernmost Illinois
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I reserved the hotel room online on 8/3. Confirmation stated "if you need to cancel, you must do so by 4 pm local time on 8/24 or your credit card will be charged for one night's stay. When I received my credit card statement, I learned that my credit card was charged in full at time of booking. Upon arrival at hotel, hotel staff informed me that it was supposed to be paid in full at time of booking and Microtel messed up on my confirmation.

I reserved a standard 2 Queen Beds Non-Smoking Room for our stay. Upon check-in, smell of cigarette smoke in our hotel room was STRONG. When we brought it to staff's attention, hotel staff argued that no one had smoked in that room in the last 6 months. I personally went to Walmart & purchased a variety of air fresheners and Febreze to try & make it bearable for our 3-night stay.

Upon check-out, I requested a receipt for our stay & was told that the hotel could not provide a receipt since I booked online at Microtel (never heard that at a hotel before, ever. So I have no receipt for a $725.04 credit card charge - only a confirmation stating my credit card will be charged on 8/24 for a one night stay, if not canceled by 4 pm).

The hotel room was reserved for a 3-night stay during NASCAR race weekend at Bristol, TN. I would not have stayed given the room reeked of cigarette smoke, if other accommodations would have been available and my credit card had not been charged in full at time of booking.

Unfortunately, NASCAR race fans have come to expect price gouging at hotels during race weekend, however, this hotel was NOT a good value at $725.04 for the 3-night stay especially since I had to deal with a smoke-filled hotel room that did a real number on my allergies during our stay. Other than smoke, room appeared clean and was conveniently located for trip to and from NASCAR races in Bristol. Hotel and rooms are certainly not extravagant, but they offer the basics. I would have been okay with the accommodations, if the room hadn't reeked of smoke and hotel staff wouldn't have argued that it hadn't been smoked in for 6 months. I don't care if it had been 6 years since someone smoked in the room - it reeked of smoke and perhaps someone should have "aired" it out if they were going to pass it off as a non-smoking room!

Looked on Microtel site today and priced a standard 2 Queen Non-Smoking Room at the same hotel and the price including tax is $79.80 a night ($239.40 for a 3-night stay). What a shame that hotels are allowed to price gouge NASCAR race fans and charge three times the regular rate for a so-so hotel room during NASCAR race weekends in Bristol, Tennessee!

Room Tip: If cigarette smoke bothers you too, this may not be the best hotel for you.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SoILTraveler

Travellers are raving about these Bristol hotels

Poland, Maine
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Stayed at this Microtel in late June. Was very satisfied -- room layout, guest computer (and some freebie snacks and goodies) in the lobby, adequate breakfast. Agree with an earlier reviewer that it is a bit tricky getting away from -- ask directions from receptionist when checking out.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 August 2011

husband and I went to Bristol area to visit family for weekend - stayed one night at this microtel and was very happy with it. access to it very close to interstate and it has many options of restaurants around it. staff was helpful and room was clean. you could see some wear on the carpet but other than that, the room was nice and spacious. for a quick stay, great location and value.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I wasn't sure if I was going to rate this hotel a four or five. A lot of little things kept from giving this hotel a five. When we first came into the hotel, I was extremely pleased. The lobby was lovely and even had puzzles for the kids. The lobby looked almost brand new. The clerk was very polite. Got to my room and thought I was going to be disappointed the moment I walked in the door. The carpet was so worn it had holes in it. The cover on the window seat had a hole in it and it appeared as if a child sat up there drawing with markers and either missed their paper or deliberately drew on the cushion. When I first turned on the air conditioner, it was not cooling the room. The caulking around the tub was worn. The breakfast in the morning was disappointing. These little things knocked this hotel from a five to a four.

However, I would have given the hotel a five because, the room was spacious. My three kids and I were not tripping over one another. The pressure in the shower was wonderful. I was not standing ankle deep in water even after all my kids took showers and I did too. I've had that problem even at more expensive hotels. The room was CLEAN. Cleaner than a more expensive hotel in the area. The beds were comfortable. Once the air conditioner had time to work, it worked wonderfully. I actually had to turn it down some. The layout of the room was so cute with little drawers under the window seat. It won't work for a long term stay, but for our overnight it was adorable. The hotel was very, very quiet. I never heard anyone else in the hotel all night. We didn't use the pool, but I did walk over and take a look. It looked clean and they even offered a hot tub.

I've stayed at other hotels in the area over the last three years. Bristol is the halfway point on our summer trek half way across the country. I have stayed at another hotel several times that was much more expensive than the Microtel and I also stayed at ones that were $10 to $20 cheaper. This was by far the best one! If we make the trip again next summer, this will be the hotel where we stay.

I do have a tip - but not about the room. Make sure to find out how to get back onto US81. Since I have stayed in this area several times over the last few years, I knew some of the roads but I still wasn't sure how to get back to 81. The road coming into the hotel is a one way street and getting out is not clearly marked. You basically have to go around the block to get out. Make a left out of the hotel, follow the road when it curves around. Make a left at the traffic light and a left at the next traffic light.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank timgina323
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
0.9 km away
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 10 in Abingdon
12.8 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bristol

Been to Quality Inn and Suites Bristol? Share your experiences!