“lunch buffet”
Review of tsunami

tsunami
Ranked #31 of 131 Restaurants in Centreville
Reviewed March 4, 2018

The lunch buffet was really good. There was a variety of sushi (but no sashimi). The price was reasonable. The setting is welcoming and comfortable. No pressure from the staff. Whenever I am in the area during lunch, I stop by for a solid sushi meal. For the price, you really come out satisfied.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed December 6, 2017

This is one of our favorite places for dinner. We were a party of six and I think everyone ordered something different. I had shrimp tempura, which came with miso soup and a small salad. The shrimp and vegetables were crisp and not too greasy. I washed it down with sake, which was very good. Other people had bean sprouts salad and a tempura appetizer, salmon sushi, and bento boxes (great!). We were there on a Saturday night, and they were moderately crowded, but we have always been seated right away there. Service was prompt and personable. They served us plum wine gratis after dinner.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

I have a lot of respect for this establishment. I have visited it many times over the years. The atmosphere is cozy for a little sushi place. The staff is very friendly. They make a point to see how I have been and remember me each time I visit. The food is fresh and delicious. There is an option for buffet lunch. Keep in mind that buffets will always loose a bit in quality. I have not seen a buffet that does not take a tiny hit in quality since the food is not prepared for you and waits in the window for the taking. Keeping that in mind, I thought it was absolutely delicious! Plus I appreciate that even at 2:15 with buffet closing at 2:30 they are still making fresh sushi and ensuring all the stations are refilled.

If you are visiting the establishment for the first time, I recommend trying the Tsunami Roll and avoiding the buffet so you experience the quality. If you are ok with buffet definitely go for it! Just take a look at my picture! It was so good, worth every penny!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed May 28, 2017

Our go-to local sushi place near Chantilly, Va., notable for friendly service (particularly if you are a regular) and simple, relatively inexpensive sushi.

The food is quickly prepared and presented in an attractive manner. We typically order iced tea, a house salad, California roll, rainbow roll and shrimp tempura roll. It might be a problem if we tried to order something else! They know what we want when they seat us and often surprise us with a little something extra. When we came with our two-year-old granddaughter one evening, she was treated like a queen (it was fun to see her trying to eat "bunny food," edamame, with chopsticks).

We haven't tried the lunch buffet.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed April 13, 2017

They have a lunch time buffet for a set price where you can eat as much sushi, wonton soup and limited hot/cold buffet as you like. Some of the selection of sushi choices are labeled on the serving bar, some however are not. Also, the higher end sushi (i.e. mussels, tuna roll, etc.) go fast by customers selecting them, but the prep cooks don't rush to replace them quickly enough. We had to wait 15 minutes before seeing certain selections replaced on the buffet for the taking. A small basic rice cube is the main ingredient for the majority of sushi made, with a slice of topping be it salmon, shrimp, etc. This is not the place to go if you are expecting attention to detail in the creation of really top notch sushi by any means. The spicy California roll and other rolled sushi is standard, not much to mess up there. Worth noting is their soup bowls all contain a teaspoon of dried seaweed and tofu in the bottom, for customers to pour wonton broth into- which is not ideal to leave out in the open for airborne contagions to attach to. On the small 4 ft hot buffet table was atypical chicken teriyaki, noodles, small potstickers and very inexpensive and salty cooked salmon that contained more fish bones than actual meat. Overall, you'd be far better off ordering your favorite specific sushi type and be satisfied with what you are getting knowing it's created with at least some assemblance of chef effort, rather than doing the overly priced run of the mill lunch time sushi buffet that looks like dried out left overs.

Date of visit: April 2017