“Great BBQ and be ready for rowdy crowds!”

Honey Pig Gooldaegee Korean BBQ
Ranked #9 of 129 Restaurants in Centreville
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Great BBQ meat options but be aware of staff yelling for seats and loud guests. Grill staff are hit or miss. Seafood pancake is a great appetizer to try before the BBQ and opt for food that allows you to get kimchi fried rice at the end of your meal. Great way to finish your meal. Not a romantic couples place but if you're looking for a place to hang out friends and be loud, it's perfect.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed July 8, 2018

The hype is NOT true…at least from my perspective.
My buddy and I took our wives to celebrate the 4th of July by having Korean BBQ. We figured that arriving at 1600 (4pm), it would be empty and we would be able to take our time. Yes to first, no to the second.

Food/BBQ (beef plate) is decent; banchan (side dishes) okay, but not as plentiful as others have described, we only had four different varieties; and service left much to be desired – banchans were not re-filled, and as soon as we finished our meal, we were asked if we were going to order anything else or bring the check. We replied, wait a bit…not more than five minutes later, the same server returned and asked again…we got the hint. We asked for the check and left…ugh. Despite it being empty, we felt rushed to leave to make room for the “next crew.” So much for service.

So…decent food; service leaves more to be desired. Would I return? Probably not – better options in Annandale of food and service.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Eating here is probably typical of Korean barbecue, but very different than other dining in the US. You order your various meat (they waste no parts of an animal), sides are pre-selected for you and they bring the raw meat to your table. They stand next to you and cook your meat and veggies as you eat your starters. No, you did not select these veggies and starters, but you will probably enjoy some of them. Getting a variety means something will be tasty.

I was not impressed with the flavoring of the meat or dipping sauces, but it was o.k. I would not run back, but my son really likes it.

Very casual. Bring people with you who like to share food.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

Typical Korean food, prepared just like in Korea. The Yakimandu is better than average. They serve Korean beers such as Cass and Hite, and have a few choices of Soju.

Our service was good, the K-pop was rockin' and the Kalbi was delicious.

Note: if you arrive after 6:30, there's likely to be a pretty long line.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 2, 2018

I love Asian cooking...ALL OF IT. So I went into this place with my bib on and chopsticks at the ready. Don't get me wrong the food was good but I really didn't see where it was worth the bill at the end. There's a balance between good food and good value this place doesn't make the cut. Don't mean to be harsh, but gotta be honest. Stroll in to H-Mart and eat at the food court....you won't be sorry.

Date of visit: October 2017