“New Dining Experience”

Manna Bistro & Bakery
Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Centreville
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed August 9, 2018

The café or bistro was not luxuriously decorated. This café serves both Ethiopian and Latin cuisine. There is a small bakery display case in front and across from the case is a display of grains and such. This was my 1st experience with Ethiopian cuisine. The hostess/waitress was very helpful in explaining unfamiliar terms. I chose cubed lamb tibbs. Very tasty; but just a little too salty (I did drink a lot of water). Next time I will request less salt. Injera bread (Ethiopian spongy sour dough flatbread) was also served with the entrée. Different and interesting bread. The restaurant will substitute rice for the injera bread upon request. I ordered the fried whole fish meal as a takeout. Delicious lunch the next day. So many choices to try.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed May 26, 2018

Had a six item sampler here. Food was excellent - each dish was very well prepared. Owner was very pleasant and attentive. Dining room is casual and good for families. Lots of variety for those groups with someone who does not want the featured cusine. Great looking baked goods - although we were too full to try any of them.

Well worth a visit!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

I came here for a first date tonight, and it was absolutely delicious. I ordered the Kitfo & my date ordered the veggie platter. The kitfo was wonderful (nice & warm, well-seasoned, and spicy), and their homemade honey wine is delicious. They also have a bunch of cakes and other baked goods that looked very tasty. The lady who runs the restaurant is very sweet and friendly, and the overall atmosphere is relaxed and great for having good conversations, and has pretty Ethiopian decor all around. Highly recommend, deserves to be a lot busier than it was!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed August 24, 2017

I am not familiar with Ethiopian food, so I have nothing to compare this to. However, the waitress (maybe owner) was fantastic. She took time to answer questions and tell us a little bit about the dishes. When we questioned how spicy one dish was, she brought us a nice sample so that mom and I could both try it. The servings are pretty large and we both had leftovers to bring home.

Since they also serve Spanish food, I couldn't pass up a piece of Tres Leches cake to take home. I love tres leches and this one was one of the better ones that I have had. I was very moist, without being a wet cake.

I would definitely go again to try another dish.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful little Bistro owned and operated by two adorable sisters. They offer a variety of freshly prepared dishes from around the world. My favorites include their Hispanic dishes and their vegetarian platters created from centuries old Ethiopian recipes. All the menu items are robust with flavor, healthy and delicious. They also have fresh baked pastries. Their Baklava is wonderful.

Date of visit: July 2017