“Don’t tell!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2018

Reluctantly, I am sharing my experiences with Matsu Sushi which I have been regularly visiting for about 15 years. I am reluctant because this used to be a sleepy and almost never crowded hidden gem in Centreville. I guess the word is out so I will give credit where credit is due. You will not find better Sushi in Northern VA, fair prices and solid service, it is often quite crowded but worth the wait. Say hello to Sushi Chef Scott and ask him for recommendations, he will not steer you wrong.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed May 30, 2018

I can't stay away from this place. Their menu has such a variety that nothing gets old. The matsu balls are delicious, their sushi is fresh and so good, their service is fantastic. Love this place.

Reviewed May 23, 2018

First time here. I was told that this place isn’t good but this place was pack of customers. We ordered $90 sushi platter for three people. It was more than enough of sushi. It was pretty good. I wish there were more nigiri but with that price it’s pretty good deal. Customer service was pretty good too. I would go back.

Reviewed May 22, 2018

Wow, talk about an amazing place for sushi. The service was wonderful (you felt like family) and the food is top notch. I got the tuna and my fiancee got the salmon -- we both enjoyed our meals. The portions are large and the cuts of fish are delicious.

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

I finally found my way here to give it a try. I’m a BIG fan of AKA Sushi in Bristow but reading many TA reviews brought me here on a Saturday for lunch.

I don’t think I’ll be back. The sushi/Sashimi combo was just ok; the CA rolls had an odd taste. The salmon was excellent but the tuna, albeit dark red looked like it was cut by a five year old. Two pieces of white fish (flounder I’m guessing) were very tough—I almost spit them out.

What left the biggest impression on me however was the place felt like it needed a DEEP cleaning and some paint! When I see neglect like this and am ingesting raw fish I want the surroundings to be surgically clean. Not here.

No, I’m staying with Bristow.

Date of visit: April 2018