Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Reviewed 31 July 2015

The experience we had at this establishment was the worst we have encountered in a lifetime of traveling. Due to a delayed train, we arrived around 8:30-8:45 at night. We rang for service for a desk clerk. He was curt and civil, but not pleasant or helpful. We got our room and proceeded to carry our luggage upstairs. There was an elevator, but our room was the farthest from the elevator on our floor. No mention was made of a cart that would have assisted us. The carts are kept in other rooms, or closets. Once in our room, I realized that there were no dishes, cutlery, coffee maker, etc. Tired and thirsty, all we wanted was a hot drink. I phoned the desk and was told I should have requested them. I stated that I was unaware of that rule and was told, again, that I should have requested them, if I wanted them. Then I asked how I could get them NOW, and was told, "You have to request them". Frustrated, I said, "I want to request them." The man told me, "Okay, come down and get them". I went downstairs and waited while he filled up a tub with some plates, cutlery, and tumblers. When the tub was filled, he handed it to me. He said he was alone, so he could offer no assistance and I had to carry them myself. Having just recovered from knee surgery a short time previously, walking wasn't my strong suit. I made it to the elevator, but once on our floor, I had to stop numerous times, just to get the tub to our room. If I wanted anything more - pots/pans, coffee maker, toaster, etc. I had to do the same - go down and get them and lug them up. Thus, we decided to get nothing else. I was also told that everything had to be clean and packed up in the tub when we returned them. Once in our room, I discovered that the dishwasher did not work, there was no stopper in the sink (I ended up having to use the tub as a dishpan.), and no light in the windowless bathroom. Though reported, nothing was repaired during the three nights we were there. Even the floor had not been dusted under the sofa and dresser, and there was soap spilled in the dishwasher that didn't work. The bed was so close to the wall, and with the TV at the end of the bed, I had to crawl over my husband to get in and out of bed. Very frustrating! We had been told there was breakfast; however, we were disappointed to discover that it amounted to apples, granola bars, coffee and instant oatmeal (at least when we were there), The final straw was when I discovered that I had left my new loafers behind and phoned to ask if they would ship them to me at home. I was told "No!". I didn't expect them to pay for anything, just mail them back and they could use my credit card to cover all costs. I was told that that I had to contact a shipping company (i.e.FedEx, UPS, etc.) to collect them and ship them to me. Every company I phoned (the four for which I could obtain phone numbers) and was informed by each that they didn't go to that location, so I had to reconcile myself to the fact that I had lost my new shoes. The morning Front Desk Clerk, Naima, always had a smile and was friendly, but she was unable to assist us with the problems we encountered.

Room Tip: I would advise travelers to avoid this place at all costs.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The incident you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will do our best to make sure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at dcn2@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

I visited DC for couple days .. It was great experience for me to stay in this hotel .. They have very nice clean rooms and very helpful and welcoming staff .. Also clean swimming pool available there ... Staff will help you with whatever you need 24/7 ... I really enjoyed my time there and will be my choice for the coming visits..

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends

Thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly customer service as well as all the amenities our hotel has to offer. I’m thrilled we were able to provide you with a home away from home experience. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

The room was very clean,comfortable and had modern furniture.They keep this hotel in nice shape.I would recommend this hotel as a place to stay for someone for a long or short stay. The location was close to everything and very close to the airport. I plan on using this hotel frequently as my job requires frequent travel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2015

Dear Paul,

We certainly do thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Extended Stay America. Our entire staff works hard to provide a clean, comfortable, friendly environment for our guests and we're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 5 July 2015

Front Desk person Naima was very helpful and provided an outstanding customer service experience. She went above and beyond to assist us. Kudos to her.
she is professional and can tell she takes pride in her work.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your wonderful review! The experience you had during your stay with us brings meaning to what we do here and we are grateful for the opportunity to serve you. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the rest of the team. Thank you again, please come in and say hello the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 4 July 2015 via mobile

my fiancée and I have had the best experience at this extended stay. We've been here for about a month and the staff has been the best I've ever seen. Naima has been especially wonderful and makes sure anything we need is taken care of.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2015

Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am so happy to read that you were pleased with our entire staff and our service. We are also pleased to hear that we've created a home away from home for you and we look forward to providing you with an even greater experience in the future. The staff and I would like to thank you again for your feedback. Thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Reviewed 15 June 2015

Hotel price is low, but you have good location, bright window view, basic gym, swimming pool, TV/DVD player, free WiFi, parking lot, free printer, and friendly front desk services, etc, regardless of low rate this hotel belongs to.

Room Tip: I like to sit by trees, ponds quietly in the morning.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our hotel. I’m thrilled we were able to provide you with a home away from home experience! I am glad you enjoyed our reasonable rates, convenient location and great amenities. I truly appreciate your kind comments regarding our friendly staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

The room was nice and had a nice layout. The linens were clean and so was the bathroom. The problem I had was with what was under the surface. In the fridge was an old bowl of moldy food, food crumbs on top the fridge, paint peeling on the cabinets, and dishwasher soap pored out all inside the dishwasher. Just nasty.

I might stay here again, but they will need to retrain the cleaning staff and touch up some of the rough spots.

Overall it was ok but I wouldn't recommend it.

Stayed: June 2015
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2015

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed to read that your room was not clean to the hotel standard. I will be sharing your comments with our staff and reviewing cleanliness standards so that your experience is not repeated. Your feedback will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you again for bring this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.