“Excellent Sushi”

Shiro Sushi and Teriyaki
Ranked #38 of 156 Restaurants in Chantilly
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Just ate there for the first time and we were pleasantly surprised. The waitress could not have been nicer or more helpful. The sushi and sashimi were better than expected. The location is not prime, only because it's not situated in a busy strip mall. This place is definitely worth the try!

Reviewed 15 April 2016 via mobile

This place gets a three dot rating because it took way too long to get service. The saving grace is that once someone started waiting on me, service was kind and efficient, and tue sushi was awesome. The rice was fresh and well-seasoned, and the fish were perfect! I will probably give them another shot in the future.

1  Thank QuickWhitTravel
Reviewed 7 March 2016

I live by this place and never thought it would actually serve teriyaki chicken/steak on a hibatchi grill, as the strip mall it's located in doesn't suggest they would have the space for it. I decided to check out the menu online one day and to my amazement they did serve hibachi style meals and decided it was worth the try.

I was shocked when I walked in to see that they actually had two hibachi grills, I've never seen a place that had less than 6 or 8. So that was interesting.

Their menu is typical and above average in pricing. Our chef was hilarious but rather sloppy. I wrote that off to the fact he probably had a really long day but I honestly had never seen a guy mess up so much but his sense of humor more than made up for it.

The decor is rather outdated and it made me question how long they could have possibly been open at this location, as the area is not that old. But looking around you can't help but feel it is old.

Now to the food, they are not at all up there with the other big names but they were still better than I expected. The steak was cooked perfectly, but their teriyaki sauce wasn't that great. Their yumyum sauce, however, is fantastic, and I love how they pour it over their fried rice.

All in all, I will likely go back for their lunch specials as they are decently priced, but probably would not do dinner unless we wanted a show but didn't want to drive a little further out.

My honest rating is a 3.5 but will round up here due to their great service.

Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

Stopped by on the way home after work and had excellent sushi and a wonderful chat with the owner. Highly recommended for both the great sushi but the friendly staff as well.

Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

I am not familiar with the the area and I was out and about looking around; I decided to stop by for some Sushi. Pleasant little restaurant with good quiet atmosphere. One thing on the menu that got my attention was the Red Snapper, but it was listed with the name of Izumi Dai. I know Red Snapper as Tai. But, I knew Izumi Dai is often referred to as Tilapia. Their not the same fish. But it actually didn't taste bad.
I'd probably go here again.