One night stay mid December. Check in went fast mid evening. Priority Club gets you a discount card for breakfast or dinner at the restaurant.
Room faced side parking lot (same side as Indian restaurant which I've tried on previous visits...very vood food there btw). see if you can get a room there # in high 20s if you are sensitive to traffic noise which starts around 630 am. Room was clean. Nice flat screen tv. Multiple HBO channels. Room quiet even though guests in rooms either side.
Restaurant excellent for breakfast and dinner. Stays open til 10.
Exercise room is not stellar. Two treads each worn and needing repair. a stairmaster & stationery bike all circa 1990s. One tread ok as long as you weigh less than 140 and dont want incline. the other I would nickname 'Bucky'. tv in there is circa 1990s too. A refurb is indicated although you can risk your life darting across Emmet Rd to the gym acros the street at no extra charge.
Not a bad stay overall. Excellent if you're of couch potato persuasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Charlottesville Hotel- University Area and Conference Center. Our hotel is conveniently located on (Route 29) Emmet Street. The University of Virginia is located within one mile of the hotel. Nearby attractions include the University of Virginia, Monticello, Ashlawn-Highland, Wineries, Michie Tavern, Montpelier, and various boutique shops and galleries. Nearby companies and government offices include State Farm Regional Office, GE -Fanuc, Northrop Grumman, Lexi-Nexis, Klockner, Sprint, PRA, National Ground Intelligence Center, J.A.G. School, UVA Health Systems, and Biotage Technologies. Our newly renovated, spacious rooms include free high speed wireless Internet. We also offer a business center, fitness facility, pay per view movies, coffee/ tea makers, room service, guest laundry, free USA Today on the weekdays and complimentary shuttle service to the Charlottesville Airport. During your stay we invite you to dine at our Lobby Cafe'. We are the ideal location for your wedding, banquet, meeting or any special event. The Holiday Inn University area offers facilities to accommodate up to 300 people, with over 4,900 square feet of meeting space. Let our expert staff work for you in accommodating your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area Hotel Charlottesville
- Holiday Inn University Area
- Charlottesville Holiday Inn