Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
“Very happy”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Nice room, great front desk staff, comfy bed, smells nice. Would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Notferrell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Lobby was being remodled so breakfast area was very small and cramped- this should not be a problem when renovations are completed. Staff was very helpful.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I've stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Charlottesville several times and have never been disappointed. I can rely on friendly staff, a clean and well maintained room, and a good night's sleep. Even in the middle of a remodel, the hotel was clean and quiet. It's a good compromise of price and quality in what I feel is the overpriced Charlottesville area. The location is fairly convenient, just off Highway 29 between the airport and downtown Charlottesville. I'm sure I'll be back.

Room Tip: For a quieter stay, ask for a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Virginia
Reviewed 30 October 2011

The staff was very friendly and the location is right off 29. Other than that...there was noise all night from what sounded like construction, although who would perform construction at night? My key deactivated 3 (!) times while I was bringing things to my room (meaning I had to drag it down and up again, and I was the last room on the hall.) They said it was a chronic problem. The room was not well-lit, and dank and dark. Free breakfast though.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
MD
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Our family of four (2 small children) checked into this hotel for 2 nights last Friday.
I woke up @2am the 1st night and found that there was water dripping down from the bathroom light fixture. We had to move in the middle of the night because it's considered dangerous for us to stay there. Of course, I wasn’t happy about waking my kids up in the middle of the night. And we were told later that the reason for water dripping down was they just renovated the room above and it really shouldn’t have been given to any guest. But somehow some guests got the room and used the bathroom and caused the leakage. POOR COMMUNICATION #1. Apparently the department that is in charge of the renovation and the front desk that helps guests check in didn’t communicate well.

Then we were told that they would credit us back one night. Since we used our Marriott points, they would credit our points back, and they did the next morning. Now that I checked on my credit card activity, I noticed that they charged us over $140 for that “one free night”. POOR COMMUNICATION#2. Whoever credited us the points back apparently didn’t note on our reservation / stay why we were given credits. And whoever processed our checkout / credit card charge didn’t care much either. If you see a manual adjustment on the account / stay, shouldn’t you been asking around before you charge the guest’s credit card for the one “extra” night?

I do want to say that Linda (night time front desk) was very nice and helped us as much as she could. And I really appreciate that.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2011

This location is undergoing a remodel, but it was still probably the cleanest hotel we have ever had the pleasure of using. The people at the front desk seemed to go out of their way to be sure we were satisfied with all aspects of our stay.

The girls in the breakfast area was also very attentive as far as seeing if we needed any help to removing any cups, glasses etc. as soon as they were set down.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Usa, Japan
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Let's be honest...this is a Fairfield Inn, it isn't the Ritz. However, the staff does an excellent job. The staff was very attentive and called guests by their last names.

The rooms were fine. They were going through a major renovation when I stayed, but I wasn't able to get a new room.

The parking lot was full if you arrived later in the evening, but you have Applebees and Food Lion lots which are more than adequate.

I recommend this place for extended stays.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business