“Delightful!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Brasserie Montiel is a wonderful place for lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch. His soups and appetizers (cheese lollipops!) are great. His roasted chicken with mashed potatoes is my favorite (and I wish I knew what he does with the broccoli to make it so yummy). My husband always struggles with which dessert to choose. He usually picks the ganache.

Downstairs, there is another entire restaurant providing Alex's traditional Mexican cuisine, so you can always select between menus.

Date of visit: March 2012

Reviewed January 2, 2012

This place should be better than it is. Good location, nice servers, but the food is pretty mediocre. I've only tried it for lunch.

Reviewed August 21, 2010

Friends took us to this restaurant for dinner that is hidden away in an obscure shopping center. Don't be put off by the exterior, which looks like a coffee shop. My wife and I eat out locally all the time, and Brasserie Montiel has continental-style food that is as fresh, well prepared and creative as much better known competitors in a town known for its fine dining. Even the bread was outstanding. Only the limited wine list disappoints though there were a few good choices. The food and wine are also priced 20% or more below better-known restaurants providing lesser quality. And the service is excellent. They should work on the decor a bit, but that's a minor quibble. We'll definitely be back.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Lots of style but not much substance. The food was dramatically presented but taste-wise was unremarkable. My husband's wine had a pet hair in it and mine had little bits of something all over the glass. Service was uneven.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 6, 2010

My husband and I enjoy the "Coffe House" breakfasts on Saturday mornings when possible. Dinners are very tasty. Our favorite appetizer is fried Okra with a spicy sauce. During restaurant week, I had dinner there twice; great food, fun atmosphere and the owner/chef made a point of coming through the dining room to check on things. We hope Mr. Montiel stays here for years to come.