“Ellis family reunion”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet
Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Our family of six choose this restaurant due to the choose of food. Food was fresh & plentiful. Our server, Noah, was right on the ball with taking our empty dishes. Was a lot of food to choose from, from fish to chicken to pizza & tex-me.
Was my birthday so I don't know what my meal cost but I'm sure within all's teach. Plenty of parking too. Right of rt 29, close to everything.

Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

We stayed one day in Charlottesville and had lunch at Wood Grill Buffet.
Food is very good. Big variety.
Good service. We really enjoed meal.
Opens at 11:00.
Served lunch and dinner.

Reviewed April 15, 2018

There is so much to choose from! Steak, chicken, fish, pork, pasta, salads, desserts. There's no way you leave this place hungry. My favorites were the steak cooked medium-rare, chicken which is very similar to a certain Australian-themed restaurant's chicken with cheese, bacon, and honey mustard, and from the dessert bar - funnel cakes with strawberry topping and powdered sugar. First time I've ever seen funnel cakes on a buffet!

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Great food!!! Huge buffet! Bring your appetite and an empty stomach! So much food to choose from! There was not one thing I had that was bad- everything was delicious! The service was great and for the amount and quality of the food, it was a great deal. It was $12.99 a person, I believe. Which is a little pricey- but it was definitely worth it! I really wish there was one in PA. Will definitely go back if in the area again!

Reviewed March 21, 2018

The interior of Wood Grill is really showing its age and needs to be updated. The furniture is dilapidated, the tables uneven. Service is really variable, all depending upon who you get as your server. The salad bar is very very good - probably the best in the region - for the diversity of number of items available as well as freshness - and the entrees are generally good. The steaks, if you get them immediately off the grill, are great, but once they sit for a few minutes, they are dry.