“Birthday Party”

Shadwell's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Shadwell's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 628 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Shadwells Restaurant takes it's name from Thomas Jefferson's birthplace, Shadwell Estate. Shadwells lies in the shadow of Jefferson's Monticello in Charlottesville and embraces his vision of using local fresh ingredients. Known for their fresh seafood and Chesapeake Bay inspired and juicy, hand-cut steaks, Shadwell's offers outstanding cuisine, friendly service and reasonable prices in a casual atmosphere. Local dining at it's best!
Reviewed July 20, 2015

We just enjoyed a birthday party luncheon for 32 people this afternoon and it was a great experience. The food was delicious, the service speedy and accurate. We were allowed to bring in our own sheet cake and to decorate the private room in which the luncheon was held. Everyone left smiling - it was indeed a very positive experience.

Reviewed July 18, 2015

Restaurant was next to our hotel and recommended by the hotel staff as a good choice for a family, it was not. Food was mediocre and very expensive, more than $100 for four with 2 kids. Applebee's would have been a better choice.

Reviewed July 12, 2015 via mobile

Each time we go here it's always just okay

Food is good but service is okay each time

Very reasonable prices and located next to Hilton Garden Inn

Reviewed July 9, 2015

We were given information about this establishment from the hotel staff and they told us that we could not go wrong by having dinner here. They were right. They have an extensive menu with choices for everyone. I chose the Cobb salad and it was delicious. Our waitress was great and kept our drinks filled and delivered our dinners and desserts hot. Yes, I said dessert. Oh my gosh! Yum, I had the best peach cobbler I have ever had. Great stop for awesome food and exceptional staff and atmosphere.

Reviewed July 7, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I ate here at the recommendation of the counter person at a local hotel.
This restaurant had very good food with a pleasant staff. Although at first glance this restaurant appeared to be a little on the upscale side, which is not for us, but we were pleasantly surprised by the food selection. The prices are a little high for our usual budget but for a vacation treat, we were okay.
Service was excellent. My wife had a sirloin steak and I had the fish and chips. Both were delicious as were the side items and side salads.

I would visit this restaurant again