“Not a flagship hotel”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake
Ranked #4 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Must have been top of the line once. Now it is in need of a little TLC. Carpets are dirty, rooms are not very clean and there is a permanent orange safety cone in front of the concierge lounge. Apparently tiles are in short supply...since the tile has been broken for at least 4 months.

• Stayed: January 2012
ckper53, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at the Marriott Chesapeake.

We see that there is room for improvement based on your feedback. Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay. I assure you that these items will be addressed. Pleasecome back to visit us soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

I spent two nights at this hotel and the service was not what I expected. After placing the breakfast tag on my door for it to be delivered to my room before an early appointment, it was never delivered. When I called twice I was told they would check into it and someone would call me. No one ever called or e-mailed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
jon_siebring, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Guest,

I read your comment on the room service issue you encountered on your recent stay. We pride ourselves on providing good service every time and obviously we fell short of that. We have reviewed our procedures on retrieving these room service breakfast cards so that we may do a better job in the future. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you.

Jon Siebring

Reviewed 10 January 2012

I've been coming here every other week for a couple of months now; this week was far from great. Fire alarm testing is a requirement and I appreciate that but in the past there was a notice placed under my door the night before, this didn't happen and after 10 minutes of that hideous sound I decided to leave. My room wasn't cleaned one day at all. I returned after lunch to get some work done and the service individual was cleaning the room next door so I didn't start working right away as I was expecting a knock at the door any moment, it never came. I went outside after 15 minutes and she and her cart were gone. The day prior I saw her and said I didn't need anything, but today she didn't even ask. This is not typical and I will let downstairs know.

On the positive, lounge is good as always and its extremely convenient for me to stay here. I'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad that you appreciate the fire testing we perform for our guests safety. We do place a notice on all rooms but it appears that your room was missed. Your other issue will also be addressed with our housekeeping department. We always strive to provide the best possible service and will continue to do so in your future stays. We appreciate your continued patronage. Please accept my apologies for your less than perfect stay.

Jon Siebring

Reviewed 10 November 2011

Stay here every time I'm in the area for work.

Positives:

Excellent Internet signal.
Nicely decorated rooms.
Good dining options in the hotel and nearby.
Always a fair rate.
Staff is pleasant and accommodating.

Negatives:
Rooms don't have the best of views given the location. Especially the ones that overlook the roof.

Other than that, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Marriott Chesapeake.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. Your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Marriott Chesapeake and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Chesapeake.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed at the Marriott Norfolk/Chesapeake on a two night business trip in October. I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past few years also. It is a nice hotel and I will stay there again. My room was clean with an extremely comfortable king size bed. The only problem I had was that my room had a musty, mildew smell to it. I let the front desk know this when I checked out so they could look into it. I don't think was the case in all the rooms because I was traveling with seveeral co-workers who said their rooms did not smell bad. My room had a king size bed, small refrigerator, desk, large chair and flat screen tv. The bathroom was updated with granite counter tops and tiled showers. The hotel has two great lounge/bar areas. It also has a restaurant, which I did not eat in on this trip. There is a workout room also. The location of the hotel is excellent with lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. I really like this hotel and would have given it 5 stars if my room had smelled better.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jetsettersb

Reviewed 25 October 2011

We stayed in the Marriott Norfolk this past weekend. The location is great- just a block from the Beltway along with the many food, shopping, and malls on Greenbrier Parkway. The hotel has a nice lounge located at near the lobby. It has great seating, televisions, and a Starbucks. Along the other side of the hotel is 725 Bistro Lounge/ Restaurant. The Lounge was large with great seating, nice bar, and friendly staff.

The average rating above is due to our room (being a nonsmoking hotel) smelling like smoke. Not what you'd expect for the Marriott hotel rooms. The smell brought the hotel experience to a crashing halt!

The plusses of the room where - nice large tile shower, mini fridge, & nice linens.

I will try a different hotel the next time in town!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TrevellingDuo

Reviewed 8 October 2011

Stayed here numerous times. Hotel is newer and the service is generally good as it was this week. Internet is wireless and free for all and worked fine. The tile in the shower needs to be regrouted but other than that the stay was predictably comfortable and quiet.

Room Tip: End rooms are a bit larger.