“Everyone there is Most Helpful and Courteous”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake
Ranked #4 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Very nice and clean hotel. We were there for 4 days with the Virginia State Square Dance Convention. All the staff goes out of their way to assist in any way possible. Most remarkable are Adrianne and Adam at the front desk. No problem was too big or too small for them to find an answer or a way to fix it. Also, Mitch in Banquets and his staff were quick to respond to any request. If you want to hold a function in the Norfolk/Chesapeake area the Marriott Hotel is the place.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
ckper53, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Marriott Chesapeake.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. Your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Marriott Chesapeake and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Chesapeake.

There are newer reviews for Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake

Reviewed 29 March 2012

The beds were comfort, I slept like a baby. The rooms are nice. If this hotel is in your price range and near where you need to be, well stay here. Marriott can be proud of this location.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank hapeit

Reviewed 10 March 2012

Must have been top of the line once. Now it is in need of a little TLC. Carpets are dirty, rooms are not very clean and there is a permanent orange safety cone in front of the concierge lounge. Apparently tiles are in short supply...since the tile has been broken for at least 4 months.

• Stayed: January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at the Marriott Chesapeake.

We see that there is room for improvement based on your feedback. Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay. I assure you that these items will be addressed. Pleasecome back to visit us soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

I spent two nights at this hotel and the service was not what I expected. After placing the breakfast tag on my door for it to be delivered to my room before an early appointment, it was never delivered. When I called twice I was told they would check into it and someone would call me. No one ever called or e-mailed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
jon_siebring, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Guest,

I read your comment on the room service issue you encountered on your recent stay. We pride ourselves on providing good service every time and obviously we fell short of that. We have reviewed our procedures on retrieving these room service breakfast cards so that we may do a better job in the future. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you.

Jon Siebring

Reviewed 10 January 2012

I've been coming here every other week for a couple of months now; this week was far from great. Fire alarm testing is a requirement and I appreciate that but in the past there was a notice placed under my door the night before, this didn't happen and after 10 minutes of that hideous sound I decided to leave. My room wasn't cleaned one day at all. I returned after lunch to get some work done and the service individual was cleaning the room next door so I didn't start working right away as I was expecting a knock at the door any moment, it never came. I went outside after 15 minutes and she and her cart were gone. The day prior I saw her and said I didn't need anything, but today she didn't even ask. This is not typical and I will let downstairs know.

On the positive, lounge is good as always and its extremely convenient for me to stay here. I'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad that you appreciate the fire testing we perform for our guests safety. We do place a notice on all rooms but it appears that your room was missed. Your other issue will also be addressed with our housekeeping department. We always strive to provide the best possible service and will continue to do so in your future stays. We appreciate your continued patronage. Please accept my apologies for your less than perfect stay.

Jon Siebring

Reviewed 10 November 2011

Stay here every time I'm in the area for work.

Positives:

Excellent Internet signal.
Nicely decorated rooms.
Good dining options in the hotel and nearby.
Always a fair rate.
Staff is pleasant and accommodating.

Negatives:
Rooms don't have the best of views given the location. Especially the ones that overlook the roof.

Other than that, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed at the Marriott Norfolk/Chesapeake on a two night business trip in October. I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past few years also. It is a nice hotel and I will stay there again. My room was clean with an extremely comfortable king size bed. The only problem I had was that my room had a musty, mildew smell to it. I let the front desk know this when I checked out so they could look into it. I don't think was the case in all the rooms because I was traveling with seveeral co-workers who said their rooms did not smell bad. My room had a king size bed, small refrigerator, desk, large chair and flat screen tv. The bathroom was updated with granite counter tops and tiled showers. The hotel has two great lounge/bar areas. It also has a restaurant, which I did not eat in on this trip. There is a workout room also. The location of the hotel is excellent with lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. I really like this hotel and would have given it 5 stars if my room had smelled better.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business