Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$84
Hotels.com
Booking.comUS$84
StayForLong
PricelineUS$84
FindHotelUS$84
All reviews management skills positive attitude front desk home away from home an outstanding job clean linen general manager place to stay stove top night shift dollar tree fourth floor very pleasant stay week stay extended stay late at night went out of her way
Selected filters
Reviewed June 22, 2021 via mobile

I stayed at the Woodspring Suites Extended Chesapeake 137 Kempsville, Chesapeake Virginia 23320 for 2 1/2 years due to medical reasons .
And during that time I have never been late with my payments. In addition, I have a certification in Hotel Management & Hospitality. Within that 21/2 years I witness the leadership & management of 3 General Managers...and I must say Ms. Trisha C. was the best of the 3 General Managers. She work extremely hard cleaning up the hotel's reputation. She had all the beds & toilets replace with new ones within a timely manner. In the end the District Manager Autho, abuse his position of authority always criticized Ms.Trisha Cass. The current General Manager Kevin Brown, started off doing a great job, until I seen his lack in leadership & management skills. I remember,when Kevin Brown was asking certain guests to filled a good comment on him, I was uncomfortable..but I did anyway. Kevin, wanted to impressed the Sandpiper Hospitality Manager. The first General Manager Lusia, was extremely a nice guy, but didn't have leadership or management skills. About to months ago Melissa, the from Desk staff say, I was behind by $245.00, I said that was impossible..I paid monthly. A month before that happened, Melissa charged my $ 1000.00, and normally I would pay $1,200.00 then the following month she claimed I was behind..She lied to the GM Kevin Brown said, I told her I needed to pay less because I had something to do. I told GM Brown that was a lie, she look my payment history. Then Kevin Brown, blamed on Sandpiper Hospitality Corporation not changing the situation. I paid the fees anyway, then the Assistant Manager Kayla, miscalculated my room days, it's was a mess, .
I feel General Manager Kevin Brown and Assistant Manager Kayla are not qualified for the position they currently served. They don't have the experience and no customer experience skills.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Kevin Brown, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Chesapeake-Norfolk South, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2021

Dear Valued Guest, On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Reviewed May 22, 2021

My wife and I spent a week in Chesapeake VA to visit Family. We stayed at WoodSpring Suites off Kempsville Rd. Melissa and Terrin were Awesome hosts, they went out of their way to make our visit go well. I would recommend and revisit this location. Good price and nice clean rooms.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kevin Brown, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Chesapeake-Norfolk South, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2021

Dear Valued Guest, thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I am happy you enjoyed your stay, and looking forward to having you back.

Reviewed May 5, 2021

My family and I are currently staying here while we wait to get into our new house and have been very comfortable with our stay. The manager Kevin always greets you with a smile and is always happy to help. The office assistant Tarrin goes out of her way and goes the extra mile to keep you happy and comfortable. Also there maintenance man John always save the day and come to the rescue to help fix things that are broken almost immediately if I could’ve chosen any hotel for my family to stay while waiting for a place I couldn’t have chosen a better one with better staff. Thank you Patricia and Douglas Langley

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kevin Brown, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Chesapeake-Norfolk South, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2021

Dear Valued Guest. Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

Reviewed April 11, 2021

We are still living in the hotel for 3 months. Front desk Charlie and Melissa are friendly. We have a big trailer and we can park it on-site with no issues like motel 8 down the road. Sometimes they do miss our room for housekeeping but it's every week they come. The room is a good size for 4 people. We will be here for another 3 weeks.

Date of stay: April 2021
Kevin Brown, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Chesapeake-Norfolk South, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay at Woodspring Suites. I am happy to hear that my team and I have been able to create an enjoyable stay for you. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even better

Reviewed April 11, 2021

You can tell it's an older property. I was visiting my daughter and my new grandson while they were in Sentara hospital. Stayed for 2 weeks. Staff is very friendly. Met the new General Manager Kevin, he was working over the weekend taking the trash out. I thought he was a housekeeper. That says a lot about him. Keep up the great work. We will be back. Rooms are spacious.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel. I'm sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Take care!