“Red Roof Inn | Chesapeake, VA”

Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Red Roof Inn | Chesapeake, VA”
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Our stay here in Chesapeake, Virginia, at Red Roof Inn has been terrific! The staff here has been excellent, especially Mr. Ronnie Holmes; as an employee of the Red Roof Inn for over 15 years, Ronnie has a true calling in customer service and is a wonderful asset to this hotel organization. Every hotel should be so lucky as to have someone like Ronnie onboard their team. Thank you again for the best hotel stay we have had in a long time - we will always choose Red Roof Inn as our #1 choice for hotels here in Virginia and anywhere else we can find one! :)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
nowhere
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Ronnie Holmes was AWSOME!!! he made sure we had everything and was very informitive about everything. he was just as nice and polite as he could be. made our day and night all that much better. we will ALWAYS stay at red roof inn. thanx for your time.

Room Tip: upgrade always
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NowhereLucyjane
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2011

It really isn't a big motel, I stayed here by myself I am a female & I felt very safe it is in a great area not far from entertainment, food & etc. The staff was nice & the room was very clean. I didn't get the room with the fridge, microwave or coffee pot .I did not need all of those extras just simple nice clean place to stay until I flew back to Jacksonville Florida. It did serve it's purpose Great room for the money you pay. I would recommend this motel to my family. I enjoyed staying there & will stay again. Affordable

Room Tip: Clean room, great staff/ No amenities
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank ilovebuddy
Reviewed 28 April 2011

We stayed in this location for several weeks while we looked for a home as we were new to the area. I cannot say enough nice things about how wonderful the staff was. So friendly from the very first phone call. We have a large dog which makes finding a place to stay a nightmare. Not here, no charge at all, NO HASSELLS. I have stayed at five star hotels and resorts that did not give near this good of service!!!
Thank you for making a difficult situation tolerable.

Room Tip: How about just being nice to the staff and ask??
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 May 2011
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Best of luck with your move. It was a pleasure having you with us.
Reviewed 11 April 2011

If we would have left before Friday night, this would be a decent value if you are traveling with your pet kind of review. Not as clean as hoped, but decent enough for a dog-friendly place to stay. Friday night, everything changed. After 2pm, it got scary. Was told by desk clerk the next morning that police eventually came, which confirmed what we thought (actually, it was made quite clear and very loudly exactly what was going on) about prostitutes and guys waiting and partying in the parking lot. Will not be back.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I stayed there the weekend of 2-19-2011 to 2-20-2011 when I arrived I was serviced andhad my room keys within in minutes the lady there was very helpful and she kept he very friendly smile and attitude even when a very rude and nasty customer came in and tried to demand service cause they was in a rush . As I was leaving that freindly attitude was there again even joking about when I said I was going for breakfast. The lady was so nice I had to buy her lunch I definately will be staying there again

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 13 February 2011

My fiance and I frequent many hotels for fun and leisure and the Red Roof Inn in Chesapeake Va is the best in the Greenbriar area! the rooms are clean, the service is friendly and the rates are fair. We recomend this hotel to anyone from a weekend stay to an extended visit. Allen and Sarah

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business