Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center
Ranked #14 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I went expecting a Red Roof Inn, and that's what I got. The rooms were clean, simple, and at a very reasonable price. However, when I got there I had been promised a crib for one of our rooms. When we got there, they were out of cribs. The manager reimbursed a portion of the rooms rent in an effort to make it right. I was impressed with his efforts.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

We regret the shortage of cribs on your recent visit. I am glad we were able to make things right for you. We apprciate your comments and look forward to you staying with us in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Jacksonville, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I wanted a couple of beds to sleep in for a few nights. My family and I were more than happy with the cost. For the price we got a clean room, clean sheets, and hot water. I wouldn't say that this is the best hotel or anything, but you can't beat the price.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I am not a fan of outdoor entrance hotels, but because of the great reviews for this one (and the fact that we were not going to be in the room much) I decided to give it a chance. My conversations with the front-desk prior to check-in were extremely positive and helpful, which seemed to confirm my decision. We checked-in around 10:30pm on a Friday night. While I was in the office, a man who was hanging out on the motel's second-floor balcony approached my wife (who was waiting in the car) and tried to talk to her through the car window. Very weird. Then, the room next door to us had people coming and going all night...literally. It appeared they were long-term guests with many friends and visitors in the neighborhood. At four a.m. we heard yelling outside our window and I looked outside to find one of our fellow motel guests standing on the balcony yelling back and forth with people hanging out in the parking lot. So much for a good nights sleep...let alone a feeling of safety. Our room was right over the front desk, and that did nothing to preclude the odd activities outside our door, or to make us feel safe.

I had pre-paid for several nights, but the next morning I arranged a refund and we promptly checked out to much less enthusiastic front desk. After going back a little farther in the TA reviews for this hotel, I found a history of suspicious-activity reports and bad experiences. I do not like to post negative reviews, but in this case I feel like I have a responsibility to warn others. Don't do it! I have learned my lesson.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank FlyingT-Rex
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

I sincerely apologize for any disturbances you encountered during your recent stay with us. Our guest's satisfaction and safety are always our top priorities. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of my team to see where we can make improvements. It is our goal to have our guest's complete satisfaction. We appreciate your time spent with us and sharing your comments so that we can constantly improve our operation.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

This motel is friendly , clean and handy for Chesapeake area . I'll be damned if I will pay $100.00 plus to sleep for 1 night for 8 hours.
It serves my purpose. It's not a 5 star motel but I don't need glitz. We stay 1 night no matter where we stay so this place is great. It's always full later in the day so call early. So far 2 times I stayed and both were OK.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nvj4
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The stay was average for the price. I paid 60 dollars for one night. The rooms were just recently remodeled which was nice. They have both smoking and non smoking rooms available. The beds weren't as comfortable as they could have been, but not terrible. The room was clean and tidy. The only reason I didn't give this hotel 5 stars across the board is because I'm spoiled. I stay in hotels twice weekly and I'm used to 5 star amazing hotels at greatly reduced prices. If I were just the average Joe renting a room it would have gotten 100%.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank jayhood09
Reviewed 15 December 2011

We have been staying here for almost 3 months and during the time we have been here everything has been wonderful, to the rooms and all the service that you receive here. I would recommend anyone to stay here. Everyone here is like a big family they will do what ever you need to make it comfortable for you. Everyone works very hard here to make this place like it is I feel like part of the Red Roof Family here now. Thank you to everyone here we truly appreciate you.

Room Tip: Any room here is a good choice we stayed up on the second floor and it was nice to look out over the...