“Not what I expected for the hype of this brand”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier
Ranked #16 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Room was ok but we could write our names in the dust on the dark surfaces everywhere. Not worth the extra money as you can stay at a Hampton Inn with a suite for less and get nearly the same breakfast (yuck), amount of space, quality of sleep and linens. We stay at Hiltons all over the place and feel the Garden Inns are the best value for the cost. Pleasant service, in any case!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rca2
Swoods2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

I am disappointed our hotel was not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. We understand couple travel is very important, therefore we try very hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We will keep your feedback in mind and I will be reaching out to you, in order to make this right.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times while visiting family living in the area. I think this is the best hotel in the Chesapeake area. The hotel is clean, staff is outstanding and the amenities offered are wonderful. The hotel is accessible to many other areas as well including Virginia Beach and the Outer Banks are not that far( about an hour). There are a lot of resturants and shops in the area and accessability from the highway is easy. Just yesterday, I needed reservations for next week and was not able to find what I wanted on the website. I called the hotel and spoke with Marilyn. She was outstanding- able to find what I needed and booked with no problem at all. The people here always go the extra mile for you and really take pride in their jobs. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service and unbelievable value for the amenities. When you visit again please ask to speak to me so I can thank you in person for your kindness and put a face to your words. Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton properties!

Reviewed 18 October 2011

My wife and I went to a wedding in Norfolk and used HHONORS points to stay here. Very centrally located to restaurants and shoppiing and right off the interstate. Convenient to the beach, Norfolk and other interesting towns. The room (113) was super -- clean and neat. Only 2 complaints. There is an exhaust fan in the bathroom that is on constantly and somewhat noisy -- we kept the door closed at night. The water pressure in the sink near the bathroom was definitely restricted -- fortunately the shower and kitchen sink were not. Staff was super friendly from the check-in desk to the maintenance people and the maids. the dining room attendant was also quite cheery and friendly.

Room Tip: Our room was next to an exterior light that wasa pretty bright at night. We never mastered te A/C co...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. I am thrilled that you received the service and amenities you expect from the Homewood Suites. We hope that you visit us in the future to see the upgrades that we are adding based upon our guests feedback. Thank you for your loyalty and kindness!

Reviewed 23 September 2011

I stayed here in June during our family reunion. It was a very nice hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean. Their are different suite configurations based on the size of the bed you choose. We had a studio suite with a king sized bed. The room was huge and included a full kitchen and small eating area. The kitchen has a few amenities to get you through a short stay including dish soap, dishwasher detergent, plates and silverware. It was great to have these items in place. The only complaint I have is that a few of the lights were out in the shower area of the bathroom which made i difficult to shower. We called down to report it, but it was not fixed during the 2 days we were there. Other than that - this is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Very comfortable acommodations, personable staff. I arrived tired and hungry, and asked the hotel clerk for restaurant recommendations, and was given a great little out of the way seafood restaurant that was exactly what I was looking for! The room was comfortable, clean, well equipped, as I would expect from a Hilton hotel. If I had anything that wasn't perfect, I would have to say the breakfast....It was unimaginative, a little bland, and not great quality. The omelette was not great, and the selection was minimal. Fresh fruit, healthy selections didn't really seem to be a priority.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Swoods2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your comments about breakfast and will share this information with our new Food and Beverage manager. We have hired a graduate from the Culinary Institute of Virginia and will be revamping our selections and offerings at both our breakfast and evening dinner. Please let me know the improvements you see on your next visit. Thank you for chosing to stay with us and we look forward to your future stays.

Reviewed 14 September 2011

Six of us weary travelers stayed here on a Friday night. I was skeptical about staying here (or anywhere) because I'm freaked out about bugs. But the suite with 2 queen beds and a pull-out couch in the living room was very clean, even to my standards. The only problem was the bed covers were stained; the manager came immediately and replaced them. The AC vents were clean. The two ladies who slept on the pull-out couch did not find it comfy at all. The kitchenette was clean and well-stocked. Bathroom facilities included a vanity and sink outside the toilet/shower area so things weren't so crowded in the morning. Breakfast was good and the staff was friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and never heard a thing in the hallway.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the duvet spots we are currently trying to solve the problem of downey leaving a residue on the fabric of our duvets. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. We hope you will visit us again when you are in the Chesapeake area.

Reviewed 29 August 2011

Stayed at this property on a business trip. I was pleased with the location. It was right near a couple shopping plazas and had several restaurants nearby. I was less than 3 miles away from the office as well.

The room itself was very nice. Upon entering the room, you have a small kitchen area with a full-size fridge, microwave, dishwasher, etc. The room has a couch with coffee table. A nice work area and adjacent large tv. The beds were very comfortable - something you come to expect with the Hilton brand. To the side of the bed was a bathroom with the sink outside the rest of the bathroom area (great when there are several people sharing a room), a small closet and of course the bathroom itself. I have to say that I was disappointed with the shower. The water pressure was weak and the shower had some mold on the bottom. It wasn't dirty, but rather it just needed to be replaced. The shower looked like it was installed in the early 90's.

The decor in the rooms was gold/coral/plaid and felt very cozy. The breakfast in the morning was a little disappointing as I didn't think the food was very good and opted for the yogurt and fresh fruit. The hotel offers a free meal in the evening but I was only able to partake in that once. Elevator was a little slow, and felt like it was going to break down a couple times.

Overall, I'd probably stay here again if business needs bring me back. I was impressed by the customer service and was able to get an early checkin.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business