“A place for everyone”

Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
San Francisco, California
“A place for everyone”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I've been travelling to Norfolk, VA on business for about 9 months since Aug 2011 and was referred to Homewood Suites by an office colleague. Simply put this hotel is a "Place for Everyone" whether you are on business, leisure, single or a family with little kids. Just as several other folks have noted in their reviews, the hotel staff is exceptional, they simply go out of their way to take care of you and your needs. Nothing like going back to your hotel and having a hot meal ready for dinner and those delicious choc-chip cookies (especially if you are out here in VA Beach with kids). Breakfast is excellent. I've seen the staff do back to back shifts but still smiling.
Rooms are very very comfortable. Never had a single issue of any sort in 9 months (2 nights a week). Internet runs at blazing speeds allowing me to work late nights with ease.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank W A
Swoods6, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
I know you had a choice when staying in Chesapeake and I thank you for your continued support and business. Your review of our hotel is extremely kind and thoughtful. I know your job has taken you elsewhere for now but know that we hope you come back soon to visit and stay with us as you are definitely missed. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to exceed your expectations. Thank you for spending your home away from home with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The hotel staff was incredibly hospitible & accomodating.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for the positive feedback on the staff and service. I appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel, staff and service. We hope that you will come back soon to see us and look forward to building a long term relationship. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us exceed your expectations. Thank you for your loyalty!
Los Angeles
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I just completed another amazing stay at the Homewood Suites Chesapeake/Greenbrier.
This was I think my 4th or 5th stay here in the last couple years and the customer service was again outstanding. Everybody from front desk staff (Autumn/Marilyn/Melinda/Kevin) to catering (Nona/Josh) to engineering/maintenance (D.C./Mack) were amazing. Their courtesy, support and professionalism were awesome and very much appreciated. You can tell by the enthusiasm of the entire staff that people enjoy working here which is a testament to GM Stephanie Woods and Asst. Manger Abbie.

I travel and deliver training regularly and this is one of the best places I have ever visited in the continental U.S. This is only the second time I have delivered a class here. While the training room was a bit tight for my audience of 40, the price to host here is fairer than any other place I've hosted in the area. Furthermore, the support I received from catering manager (Nona), catering staff (Josh) and maintenance/engineering (D.C./Mack) made the experience so comfortable and smooth that I plan to use them for my conferences in the area from here on out (three more this year).

If you are planning on staying and/or hosting a conference in the Greenbrier/Chesapeake area this is hands down THE BEST!!

Sean T.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sean T
Your stamp of approval is why is strive to do our best daily! It was a pleasure working with you to create your training sessions and provide you with the service you and your attendees deserve. We look forward to your future trainings and business. We appreciate that you took the time to comment on our hotel, staff and service. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your support and loyalty!
San Jose, California
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I was staying at one of your competitors which was booked by a travel agent who obviously never stayed where they put me. Anyway in my search for an alternate living arrangement I found the Homewood Suites. I was greeted by a friendly staff and an inviting lobby all ready you bet your competitors. Needless to say I chose the Homewood Suites for the rest of my stay and I am beyond thankful for being able to be squeezed in as you were sold out. This hotel WOW'd me! People always say that they travel everywhere and know good and bad hotels well my job is nothing but travel and I found my "favorite" hotel. You treated my wife as a queen, you accommodate last minute requests, researched all the information for trips and the staff is always smiling! I will be back in just a few weeks but wanted everyone to know that the Homewood Suites in Chesapeake is amazing!

Room Tip: If you need anything they will find it, get it or give you options - the staff is amazing!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Naples
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Room was ok but we could write our names in the dust on the dark surfaces everywhere. Not worth the extra money as you can stay at a Hampton Inn with a suite for less and get nearly the same breakfast (yuck), amount of space, quality of sleep and linens. We stay at Hiltons all over the place and feel the Garden Inns are the best value for the cost. Pleasant service, in any case!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rca2
Swoods2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
I am disappointed our hotel was not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. We understand couple travel is very important, therefore we try very hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We will keep your feedback in mind and I will be reaching out to you, in order to make this right.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times while visiting family living in the area. I think this is the best hotel in the Chesapeake area. The hotel is clean, staff is outstanding and the amenities offered are wonderful. The hotel is accessible to many other areas as well including Virginia Beach and the Outer Banks are not that far( about an hour). There are a lot of resturants and shops in the area and accessability from the highway is easy. Just yesterday, I needed reservations for next week and was not able to find what I wanted on the website. I called the hotel and spoke with Marilyn. She was outstanding- able to find what I needed and booked with no problem at all. The people here always go the extra mile for you and really take pride in their jobs. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service and unbelievable value for the amenities. When you visit again please ask to speak to me so I can thank you in person for your kindness and put a face to your words. Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton properties!
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My wife and I went to a wedding in Norfolk and used HHONORS points to stay here. Very centrally located to restaurants and shoppiing and right off the interstate. Convenient to the beach, Norfolk and other interesting towns. The room (113) was super -- clean and neat. Only 2 complaints. There is an exhaust fan in the bathroom that is on constantly and somewhat noisy -- we kept the door closed at night. The water pressure in the sink near the bathroom was definitely restricted -- fortunately the shower and kitchen sink were not. Staff was super friendly from the check-in desk to the maintenance people and the maids. the dining room attendant was also quite cheery and friendly.

Room Tip: Our room was next to an exterior light that wasa pretty bright at night. We never mastered te A/C co...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. I am thrilled that you received the service and amenities you expect from the Homewood Suites. We hope that you visit us in the future to see the upgrades that we are adding based upon our guests feedback. Thank you for your loyalty and kindness!