“A good choice in the area”

Staybridge Suites Chesapeake
Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Pet Friendly
Nice staff
Good accomodations
Near everything

A solid choice in the area!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Czyz_JB
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Chesapeake

Reviewed 19 January 2012

Whenever I am in the area the Staybridge is my hotel of choice. I really love that facility, the breakfast is great and the staff is awesome

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The entire staff was super friendly, right down to passing the cleaning staff in the hallways. They greeted you... "How are you today?" and waited for a response, exchanging appropriate pleasantries. The complimentary hot breakfast was awsome... Eggs, waffles, sausage, bacon, fruit, etc. The rooms were very clean with full kitchens. I didn't use it, but I noticed there was laundry facilities for the guests as well. Again, I didn't use, but I saw people with dogs, so it was pet friendly as well. The pool was quite nice and clean. The location was convenient to mall, restaurant, and a short drive down to the Northwest Naval Base (Marine Security Forces school as well). We had a great visit and I will look for this chain when I travel next time.

Room Tip: I went through Priceline for the best price...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
757-420-2525, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Thank you so very much for all of the positive feedback! We're happy to hear that you encountered friendly staff members, a clean hotel, an "awesome" breakfast, and a convenient location to the Naval Support Activity Norfolk/Northwest Annex. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2011

Our suite was comfortable, well lit, with lots of space and electric outlets; no crawling around on the floor to plug in a cellphone or computer! The kitchen allowed us to eat in so we didn't have to use restaurants 3 meals a day. The facility was clean and well maintained. The staff were courteous and attentive. The breakfast was better than many other hotel chains. We weren't there for the weekday evening food but it sounded good on the brochure. We have family in the area and will stay here from now on when we visit.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
757-420-2525, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

Thank you so much for your compliments of our hotel. We look forward to having you back when visiting your family!

Reviewed 29 June 2011

We booked this hotel at a scary low rate on another website, and we ended up having the best experience! Our suite was perfectly appointed, the front desk staff was extraordinarily helpful and kind, and dinner was included! Granted, it wasn't a meal we were interested in, but we thoroughly enjoyed the 2 free beers. The A/C unit in our room made a roaring sound periodically, and when my husband called to inquire at the front desk, they moved us 2 doors down without even hesitating. The bed was extremely comfortable, and it was lovely to have a full kitchen. My only suggestion is that breakfast fare include oatmeal packets. But what a refreshing experience -- great customer service, a clean and comfy room, AND a great price to boot!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank origami99

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and for the wonderful comments about the new Staybridge Suites Chesapeake-Va. Beach! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you feel you received a great value. We appreciate as well your suggestion regarding the oatmeal packets. If you return to our area, we hope that you will stay with us again!

Reviewed 29 April 2011

I was there for business and first was staying at another hotel that just wasn't gonna cut it for 60 days. My coworkers and I went out for a day and started looking and everything was either booked or just not up to our standards. Our last stop of the day was Staybridge Suites and it just felt GOOD. The management/sales were all really cool, got me what i needed for my room and pretty much anything you needed. They also had free breakfast every morning and free dinner Tuesday through Thursday...good food too. Anyways...I stayed there for 57 days and if I go back on business there again....I'll stay at Staybridge Suites again.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I WAS to stay at this hotel the last weekend in March but they decided to break my confidentiality and ask someone else that was from the same town as I if I was coming or not (around 8 pm) even though I had a late confirmation. When I arrived at 11 pm with a very tired family, we were told they cancelled my room, I should have called, etc. They attemped to accomodate us by sending us to another hotel that was not large enough to sleep my entire family and did not offer the same amenities (no continental breakfast, not kitchen, not even a microwave or refrigerator in the room) and simply want to say; sorry; we accomadated you and it is not our fault! I will never book here again! I expect to be charged if I do not arrive at a hotel but did not expect they would discuss my stay with anyone else other then me and to cancel when I had a confirmed reservation noting LATE ARRIVAL. Do not trust a Late arrival confirmation at this hotel if considering staying here!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank tiredtraveler05
757-420-2525, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2011

We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention regarding your late arrival confirmation not being honored. We have taken corrective actions to ensure situations like your do not happen again in the future and we look forward to making it up to you when you come back to stay with us in May.