“Rude Staff ”

Add it.
Starbucks
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Chester
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very disappointed in the staff. We are used to friendly service and a quality atmosphere. Don't know what was going on, but when we placed our order the barista slammed my egg whites on the counter. We were nervous of what would happen with our drinks. The lady at the register never even made eye contact with us. Surprised at the poor level of service here.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

they had the pumpkin spice latte and a wonderful breakfast sandwich. Pricey but worth it for a special treat

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Great job on our drinks. Quick service. The staff is very friendly and fun. My name is Lisa and the barista practically sang it when he called me. Made me smile.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

First of all, let me clarify that this review is for the Starbucks at Bermuda Square in Chester.

I submitted a mobile order on Sunday morning (7/3/16) for 3 beverages and 5 food items. I arrived to pick up my order approximately 15 minutes after the order was placed.

When I arrived to the pick up counter, there were a couple of customers ahead of me. I noticed that NONE of the employees were interacting with the customers. As I was waiting for my order, one customer brought an empty sugar dispenser from the condiments bar over to the counter for refilling. Without saying a word, the girl at the counter took the dispenser, refilled it, then handed it back to the customer for HIM to return it to its place! A short time later, a second customer came from the condiments bar to the same girl at the counter and said, "Do you guys not have any regular milk to put in your coffee?" The Starbucks employee responded, "What do you mean by regular milk? 2%?" The customer said yes, and without saying another word, the girl behind the counter poured some milk out of a container into a cup and handed it to the customer, then proceeded to go back to what she was doing.

When the other customers had picked up their orders, I moved towards the pick-up counter. Although I had been standing there for probably 10 minutes at that point, none of the employees acknowledged me. I looked at a drink tray sitting on the counter that had familiar drinks in it, and it turned out to be my 3 beverages and 1 food item.

After waiting for about another 5 minutes with nothing being added to the order, I asked the girl at the counter if the rest of the order was being worked on. And she just said something like, "What are you waiting for?" When I told her I was missing 4 food items, she spoke to another guy behind the counter, and returned, saying that it would be ready in a few more minutes. When the guy brought the bag over, the girl put it on the counter and said to me, "just make sure everything is there." (That should have been done BEFORE the order was given to the customer!) Anyway, I checked the bag, and one sandwich was missing, so I informed the girl, who went back to the guy to see if he was working on anything else. Then he came back over to me and said, "let me see that bag." So, I handed him the bag of food items, he went through it, and then asked me what was missing. After telling him, he went back to prepare the last sandwich. By the time we left, that sandwich was the only one still warm!!!

Besides the lousy customer service, the employees were also extremely careless with the preparation of the order. One of the beverages we ordered was a double fudge frappuchino, which is supposed to be made with chocolate whipped cream. It was made with regular whipped cream with a big squirt of chocolate syrup on top, and by the time I arrived to pick up the order, it was mostly melted.

My hot caramel macchiato was not blended at all. The only caramel I tasted was the last couple of sips because it was all at the bottom!

The breakfast sandwiches were so carelessly put into the bags that they were all falling apart.

This breakfast cost my family close to $35. For less hassle and better quality, I could have ordered breakfast from McDonald's for less!!! This is not AT ALL what I expect from a Starbucks! I'd be more understanding of lousy service if this was a location with lots of traffic like what you'd find in NYC (which I have patronized in the past...with better service!), but this was Chester, VA! There is no reason for this beyond a poor work ethic and careless attitude of all of the employees!

2  Thank Jennifer T
Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

Nice bathrooms, very clean. Not far off of 95, so good for the 95 slog heading north or south. Surrounded by a varieties of places to grab quick food.