“A bit of Asia in the land of Seafood”
Review of Saigon Village

Saigon Village
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 1, 2017

Tired of seafood - can't think of any more shrimp, clams, or fried anything? This little bit of southern Asia offers a real treat. Not really Vietnamese, or Thai, or Chinese, there are dishes from all. I had barbecue rice w/ chicken which was done perfect, my wife had the Spicy Basil Shrimp that was done very good.
We sat outside and listen to the street musicians next door and had a very nice, affordable, and unpretentious meal.
Seating indoors and outside is basic, and a bit "rustic," but the food is great.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

I must first mention the woman that waited on us. She looked like a typical, Asian grandmother. I assumed she is one of the owners because she seemed very classy. I really liked her very much.

She asked if I wanted a crispy roll with my lunch and I said yes. I'm sure it was some kind of egg roll but it was delicious. They also bring out a dipping oil for them. It was really good.

I also had beef and broccoli and fried rice. I don't know how authentic it was as far as Vietnamese, but it was really good also. I will visit again unless I die or something.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

Our recent road trip brought my wife and I to Chincoteague and to Saigon Village. We were very pleased with the dinners we had there. It's a small unpretentious restaurant with fresh ingredients and good service. We are lucky to have very good Asian cuisine at home and this stacked up with pretty much all the similar restaurants we have at home. Recommended.

Reviewed June 30, 2017

Excellent vietnamese food at a good price. Nice choice for something different than the average seafood place or diner.

Reviewed June 25, 2017

The food here is high quality. I had a seafood soup which was a chicken-broth base with rice noodles, crab meat, a few scallops and a few shrimp, bean sprouts, green onion, and lots of cilantro. It is a very interesting and delicious flavor. I also had a summer roll which is wrapped in a rice flour, not wheat flour. I highly recommend this place for gluten-free meals. I have eaten here twice and I will definitely eat here again. And, by the way, the price is right!