“Good Vietnamese food when you're stuck in the middle of a Island .”
Review of Saigon Village

Saigon Village
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 13, 2017

This place was easily to locate. The restaurant seemed outdated. The menu was a mixture of Chinese, Vietnamese, and some Thai. I would only suggest that the servers have a more uniform look instead of shorts, hat on backwards and whatever TShirt was available was a little too grunge for me. I had the BBQ Pork Platter and my husband had the spicy soup (N9). I was really under the assumption that N9 was a noodle soup. Something called Bun Bo Hue. The English description of these dishes was not accurate. But the food wasn't bad. It was rather low price for two to each. The food was enjoyable and the BBQ Pork had a nice zing and sweetness with a light char to it. I would return. If you like Vietnamese food and have a serious craving, This will satisfy the craving.

Reviewed August 10, 2017

Good food. Large portions. Very friendly service. They were kind enough to bring my daughters watermelon (which is not on the menu) as they were craving fruit.

Reviewed August 1, 2017

Tired of seafood - can't think of any more shrimp, clams, or fried anything? This little bit of southern Asia offers a real treat. Not really Vietnamese, or Thai, or Chinese, there are dishes from all. I had barbecue rice w/ chicken which was done perfect, my wife had the Spicy Basil Shrimp that was done very good.
We sat outside and listen to the street musicians next door and had a very nice, affordable, and unpretentious meal.
Seating indoors and outside is basic, and a bit "rustic," but the food is great.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

I must first mention the woman that waited on us. She looked like a typical, Asian grandmother. I assumed she is one of the owners because she seemed very classy. I really liked her very much.

She asked if I wanted a crispy roll with my lunch and I said yes. I'm sure it was some kind of egg roll but it was delicious. They also bring out a dipping oil for them. It was really good.

I also had beef and broccoli and fried rice. I don't know how authentic it was as far as Vietnamese, but it was really good also. I will visit again unless I die or something.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

Our recent road trip brought my wife and I to Chincoteague and to Saigon Village. We were very pleased with the dinners we had there. It's a small unpretentious restaurant with fresh ingredients and good service. We are lucky to have very good Asian cuisine at home and this stacked up with pretty much all the similar restaurants we have at home. Recommended.