Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island
Shillington, Pennsylvania
“not bad at all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

The guy at check in was very friendly and accommodating. The room was more clean than I expected. Fridge was not plugged in so it did take over night to reach proper temp. Continental breakfast was small chocolate muffins, small waffles that were already made and huge bagels. We kept the do not disturb sign on the door so I can't rate housekeeping

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Blarney, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2011

My wife and I used to stay here at least twice a year, to vist relatives. Date is not accurate, but My wife and I believe the Motel staff went through our things and took controlled substance medications. It used to be a great place, but fool me once...

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank travlr1960
abvichincoteague, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear Travlr1960,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. I am sorry to hear about this incident from 2010. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. To my knowledge, we have never had a theft issue at this property. In the future, I would recommend safeguarding any valuables to prevent this from happening again.

Raman-GM
Americas Best Value Inn- Chincoteague Island, VA

Travellers are raving about these Chincoteague Island hotels

Newport News, VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed for a night at this place based on these advertised facts: "continental breakfast, Jacuzzi, king bed".

The Jacuzzi was fantastic - jets, large enough for two people, and very relaxing.

The King bed was nice, but the mattress was painful - very stiff and rigid. When I woke up, my back hurt. Also, it looked like there was some kind of blood or stain on my pillow :-/

The continental breakfast - or what I like to call, the continental NOTHING! I talked with the owner, Raman, about this and he said he won't start doing it until Easter weekend (we stayed the weekend before Easter). He said the costs are too high because not enough people are staying here at this time. Understandable, but not advertised or communicated to us in any way.

Overall, I am pretty disappointed with the place. I don't like false advertisement - if you're going to promise something, make sure you go all the way through with it.

Room Tip: Always question accomodations!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank erowe3
Wanchese, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2011

I was looking for something inexpensive, but I really did "luck-out" with this little motel. It has a laidback beachy kind of charm. Room was very clean and personel were friendly and accomodating. Rooms were a little "used", but hey, it's a motel! Even though I was traveling alone, I felt safe here. Overall, excellent! This place is a gem!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
abvichincoteague, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, 4 April 2011
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff and clean,comfortable guestrooms. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We understand that you have many options in the marketplace, and are pleased that you have made Americas Best Value Inn your premiere choice for lodging.

We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

west keansburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

Relaxing vacation ! The staff did an excellent job.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Box Elder, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

My husband and I took one of our many trips to Chincoteague and because we were on a strict budget (moreso than usual) we decided to give this place a try. They were running a special on the room type we needed so we figured it was worth giving it a shot. The location is great. It's very convenient to town and is within walking distance of some great shops and restaurants. Because it sits back from the road it is also very quiet and the landscaping is lovely, very beachy. The room was small, but cozy and clean. We did have an issue with the door not shutting properly all the time, which wouldn't have been anything but a mild nuisance if we hadn't come back to our room after being at the beach all morning to see that housekeeping hadn't made sure that is was completely shut. It pushed right open without even putting the key in the lock. I'm glad I'm one of those people that always takes my purse and valuables with me! We also noticed that our ceiling had little spots that glowed in the dark. It appeared they were part of the ceiling tiles. This was a bit strange, but not bothersome. If we had paid the normal full rate for this room I would have been disappointed, but for the price in peak season, it did what we needed it to do. If you're looking to stay on Chincoteague I would recommend staying at one of the other places I reviewed previously. I probably wouldn't stay here again unless it was all that was available and had another special rate package going on. I'd also request a door that shuts!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
abvichincoteague, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, 4 April 2011
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Kindest Regards,
Boothwyn, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

This motel is perfectly located in town and the price was the best on the island. We didn't expect much, but when we walked into the room, we found it surprisingly cute and clean! The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. Microwave and fridge were a plus! The decor was nice, bright and better than expected. Continental breakfast was nothing more than coffee, bagels and donuts and they closed it early (the incense was a bit too much, yuuck). The maid missed us, so we thought, but after arriving back to the room from a day at the beach around 4pm, we were just down for a nap when she arrived. We only accepted fresh towels, so our bed was not made the entire stay. All in all, the place was very clean and comfortable, we would definately stay again! Thanks!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Traveler,

We want you to know how much we appreciate your business. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.