Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island
Hampton Inn and Suites Chincoteague-Waterfront(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$159
Rodeway Inn(Chincoteague Island)
US$59
Waterside Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$76
Anchor Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$152
Hotels.com
Best Western Chincoteague Island(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$107
Agoda.com
My Lighthouse Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$123
Days Inn Chincoteague Island(Chincoteague Island)
US$59
Chincoteague Inn(Chincoteague Island)
US$119
US$104
Travelocity
Snug Harbor Marina and Cottages(Chincoteague Island)
US$193
  • Beachfront
Refuge Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$116
Travelocity
All reviewsmobile homegrill areaice cream shopsplace to sleepmain streetbeds were comfortableeastern shorewould stay here againpony penninga wonderful stayramanmotelislandchincoteaguebridgeponies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I just spent the last weekend at the Americas Best Value and was very please with what i received for my money! Check in was quick,the room(105) was immaculate and the bed was as comfy as my bed at home. The room has a fridge and microwave, as well as a coffee maker, so you can have your morning brew. The only thing was not being able to reach the front desk when the people in 103 came back from the bar at 245AM and proceeded to shine their headlights into my room as well as loud, drunken talking, outside and in the room. I finally popped my head out the door and said "excuse me" and got the "did we wake you up? we just returned from the pub". I told them if the needed to talk, to go to the pool area, as it was away from my room.
Over all, I would return again and bring a pair of earplugs. BTW, my second night was blissful!

Room Tip: I didnt choose my room, but the location of 105 is away from the road and drunks aside, very peaceful
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
abvichincoteague, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear IMS8456,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. I am glad to hear that your room was immaculate! We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. I am also sorry to hear about noisy neighbors outside of your room. Please call the front desk in the future so that we can take care of any issues you encounter during your stay.

Americas Best Value Inn- Chincoteague Island, VA

Reviewed 11 November 2011

This is an old fashioned motel where one parks outside one's room. Our room initially smelled musty but quickly cleared when we turned on the AC. The room was simple, small but clean and surprisingly well decorated (spreads and curtains were much more attractive than some large well regarded chains; looked pretty new). The beds were comfortable and there are room darkening drapes which were useful in the am. Microwave and small fridge are supplied. The pool is sparkling. There are tables and chairs near the pool and chairs outside of the rooms which were pleasant while enjoying cocktails after a long trip.

Raman, the manager, is charming, professional and helpful. [he suggested a much needed and clean place for my retriever to swim in the channel across from Assateague which made him very happy after a long drive. :-) ] Continental breakfast was nothing to write home about but the coffee was good. It is close to Assateague, the museum, and within walking distance of restaurants and stores. One point I should have heeded but didn't fully comprehend: Raman recommended leaving my dog in the room when we went to Assateague. Since we were continuing our trip following that excursion, we opted to take the dog in the car. Bad idea! Be aware that not only does Assateague not allow dogs (which I knew and did not intend to let him out of the car) as a wildlife refuge, it will NOT even let you on the island if there is a dog in your car. We had to turn around and leave. Should've listen to Raman.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank MEB2009

MEB2009,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Should you return to the area, we would love the opportunity to serve you again.

Americas Best Value Inn- Chincoteague Island, VA

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Hard to believe that this was the same place that I had viewed on line-photos must have been of another hotel. The room was dirty and even smelled-don't think it was cleaned since being built. Add to that broken, damaged furniture and that was a recipe to leave-which I did.

Room Tip: Don't book or stay here!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
8  Thank BKBRN

Dear BKBRN,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. I apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. Please know that Our rooms were recently updated with new night stands, desks, armoirs, headboards, drapes, bedframes, mattresses, mattress covers, and painting. Are you sure that you have the correct hotel? All claims will be further investigated and the appropriate action taken. We hope that you stay with us again or another one of our Americas Best Value Inns in the future.

Americas Best Value Inn-Chincoteague Island, VA

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites is a nice little place to stay. For the cost it is the best deal, but I would like to mention that the place is been updated and trying to be a great place that is close to most everything. The wifi is okay for the first few rooms, but I don't know anything beyond room 110. The continental breakfast is only during the high season and ends before October. Room 110 smelled like it had been smoked in at some point and time, but over all the beds were nice and the place was pretty good. The rooms all had mini-refrigs and microwaves and decent tvs and personal a/c units. I would rate it higher, but the room was a wee bit smoky.

Room Tip: People have smoked in room 110 at some point and time. Though it says no smoking you could tell it had been smoked in. Otherwise the place was great.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear theleesons,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our updated rooms. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. I am also sorry to hear about the smoke odor. Perhaps your room was located next to a smoking room? You may want to request a room away from the smoking rooms in the future to help prevent this issue from happening again.

Americas Best Value Inn-Chincoteague Island, VA

Reviewed 19 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend to visit my sister and her family (who were visiting family/friends in near by Parksley). The day we went the beach was packed, water was VERY cold and VERY rough. Kids lost interest within 30 minutes. Luckily there was a pool at the hotel! We spent the majority of the day playing in the pool which we had by ourselves until late afternoon. Once it cooled off some we did some site-seeing around the island and on to Assateague Island. That evening we took the kids to the Fireman's Carnival. This was my second time to the Island and Carnival but my husband and sister's family first time. ALL had a great and memorable time.

That being said, the room was average. What you expect for the price. We had a LATE check in due to traveling (after midnight) and the manager was very accomodating. No issues. Continental breakfast was very limited and the incense smell was a little disinviting but hey...hold your nose or go to McDonalds!

My husband and I took some time to drive around the island and looking at some of the other options were really pleased with our choice. We were a little nervous when making the reservations but we pleasantly surprised. Not the Ritz but good enough for the little bit of time we were actually in the room. Nice, clean pool was GREAT.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family