See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

I first stayed at the Inn at Poplar Corner a few years ago. My extended family came together for a trip that was far too short. The breakfasts were amazing, the inn was immaculate, and Charity and her family were incredibly gracious.

When I told my friend how incredible the trip had been, I learned that visiting Chincoteague was on her bucket list. I immediately suggested the Inn, and once again, Charity did not disappoint. Having stayed in Main View before, I offered my friends that room and I stayed in the Lavender Room. After a long day of traveling, the jacuzzi tub was a wonderful treat - as were the yummy treats that were waiting for us upon our arrival!

We were never hungry or bored during our stay. The refrigerator is well-stocked with bottled water and Diet Coke (my favorite) and we were able to bring leftovers back with us from the many great nearby restaurants. There were snacks and fresh baked goodies available all the time. Main Street offers plenty of shopping within walking distance and the beach is a very short drive. You can also bike to the beach. Comfortable beach chairs are available to borrow. Charity is a wealth of information about the island and is always willing to offer suggestions. Molly was a delightful junior hostess and very helpful!

We only stayed 3 nights, which was not nearly enough for me. The Refuge Trek at the visitor center is well worth the time; we saw so many different birds and the wild ponies crossed the road right in front of us. The beach is clean and not at all crowded. I loved watching a ghost crab cross the beach and enjoyed the laughing gulls, even though they tried to steal my sandwich. My friends thoroughly enjoyed the visitor center at Wallops Island. The Island Creamery is everything people say it is, but be prepared to wait in line- it is worth it! There is so much to see and explore. There is something for everyone. And at the end of the day, the cozy beds of the Inn await.

I hope to return very soon!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 23, 2015

We spent a lovely October weekend at the Inn at Poplar Corner. The setting was delightful and it was an easy walk to two delicious restaurants.
The rooms were beautiful, transporting us to an earlier era with lace and antiques. Nicely decorated yet having all the conveniences including a Jacuzzi in the large bathroom. We had appetizers on the private porch outside our second floor room.
Ample parking.
Because we came off season, we missed the great breakfasts, but were fully compensated with snacks and a gift card.
Poplar Corner provided us with a delightful getaway near the ocean.
R & K Rock

Room Tip: All rooms are charming. The third floor room is one of a kind - unusual
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2015 via mobile

Great place for a getaway. Quiet and quaint. Just a short walk to nightlife, shops, great places to eat, and amazing views. The Innkeeper is truly top notch. Very accommodating, fresh baked treats, and the room was perfect. Just a short drive to the beach!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed November 13, 2014 via mobile

The PERFECT place for a week or a weekend stay. Loved the wrap around porch as well as the private deck off our room. The fresh&homemade baked goods were an added bonus. I really enjoyed my stay this summer. Many thanks to the hospitable inn keeper and her lovely children!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 19, 2014

No way will I say how charming and comfortable this Inn was for our short weekend vacation. there are not many rooms and we do not want the competition. Hopefully you will pass up this well kept, clean and delightful INN on Main Street so that I can still get reservations.

Room Tip: can't miss no matter the room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple