Inn at Poplar Corner
Comfort Suites Chincoteague(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$199
ComfortSuites
US$229
Rodeway Inn(Chincoteague Island)
US$144
Waterside Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$196
Best Western Chincoteague Island(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$210
BestWestern.com
Chincoteague Inn(Chincoteague Island)
US$109
US$186
US$182
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$226/night.

US$153
US$136
Anchor Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$188
Refuge Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$189
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 23, 2016

Beautiful interior and exterior inn with a gorgeous wrap around porch. Convenient location to down town Chincoteaque and just a few miles from Assateague Island. We have stayed at the Inn on two separate occasions with different rooms each time. Both large, clean & extremely comfortable. The place is welcoming with a great deal of well thought out amenities/little extras to make your stay as relaxing as possible. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2016

We made a last-minute decision to visit Chincoteague on an August weekend. The Inn at Poplar Corner still had a room available (perhaps it was a last-minute cancellation). So we booked it for a Friday and Saturday night.
We stayed in the Grand Gables room, which is on the third (top) floor of the house, for two nights.

Positives:
-- Clean, spacious, and comfortable room. Comfortable bed. In-room fridge.
-- Spacious en-suite (private) bathroom; plenty of towels, Jacuzzi tub.
-- View of the water and the bridge.
-- Convenient location.
-- Ample free parking.
-- Quiet.
-- Quick breakfast (fruit, cereal, muffins, hardboiled eggs, granola bars) provided. Also, snacks in the afternoon.
-- Laundry facilities available.
-- Management was very accommodating, as we arrived very late (2:30am!).

Very minor negatives:
-- The double doors to the bathroom: they were difficult to close fully and they were mostly window. Even though there were shades over the windows, I like a little more privacy in the bathroom.
-- The house has central air conditioning, but even so, the third floor gets warm, so there is a window unit in the Grand Gables room, which cooled the room nicely. If the noise of a window unit bothers you, that might be a problem. It didn't bother us.
-- The room is on the third floor, so you have to go up two flights of stairs, which might be a problem for someone who is infirm.
-- The Inn uses Airbnb for its bookings.

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, be aware that the Grand Gables room is on the third floor and there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

I first stayed at the Inn at Poplar Corner a few years ago. My extended family came together for a trip that was far too short. The breakfasts were amazing, the inn was immaculate, and Charity and her family were incredibly gracious.

When I told my friend how incredible the trip had been, I learned that visiting Chincoteague was on her bucket list. I immediately suggested the Inn, and once again, Charity did not disappoint. Having stayed in Main View before, I offered my friends that room and I stayed in the Lavender Room. After a long day of traveling, the jacuzzi tub was a wonderful treat - as were the yummy treats that were waiting for us upon our arrival!

We were never hungry or bored during our stay. The refrigerator is well-stocked with bottled water and Diet Coke (my favorite) and we were able to bring leftovers back with us from the many great nearby restaurants. There were snacks and fresh baked goodies available all the time. Main Street offers plenty of shopping within walking distance and the beach is a very short drive. You can also bike to the beach. Comfortable beach chairs are available to borrow. Charity is a wealth of information about the island and is always willing to offer suggestions. Molly was a delightful junior hostess and very helpful!

We only stayed 3 nights, which was not nearly enough for me. The Refuge Trek at the visitor center is well worth the time; we saw so many different birds and the wild ponies crossed the road right in front of us. The beach is clean and not at all crowded. I loved watching a ghost crab cross the beach and enjoyed the laughing gulls, even though they tried to steal my sandwich. My friends thoroughly enjoyed the visitor center at Wallops Island. The Island Creamery is everything people say it is, but be prepared to wait in line- it is worth it! There is so much to see and explore. There is something for everyone. And at the end of the day, the cozy beds of the Inn await.

I hope to return very soon!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 23, 2015

We spent a lovely October weekend at the Inn at Poplar Corner. The setting was delightful and it was an easy walk to two delicious restaurants.
The rooms were beautiful, transporting us to an earlier era with lace and antiques. Nicely decorated yet having all the conveniences including a Jacuzzi in the large bathroom. We had appetizers on the private porch outside our second floor room.
Ample parking.
Because we came off season, we missed the great breakfasts, but were fully compensated with snacks and a gift card.
Poplar Corner provided us with a delightful getaway near the ocean.
R & K Rock

Room Tip: All rooms are charming. The third floor room is one of a kind - unusual
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2015 via mobile

Great place for a getaway. Quiet and quaint. Just a short walk to nightlife, shops, great places to eat, and amazing views. The Innkeeper is truly top notch. Very accommodating, fresh baked treats, and the room was perfect. Just a short drive to the beach!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family