All reviews bay view thin walls great hotel within walking distance main street the hotel is clean front desk staff right next door shops and restaurants waffles free breakfast excellent location hotel is located sitting area carnival grounds stayed one night room was large
Reviewed October 13, 2018

I have never gone wrong in choosing Marriott hotels. Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague is one of many hotels I have come to admire in terms of overall quality in service, location and ambiance. The third floor rooms have the best view of the sea. Equipped with the modern amenities, the room is large enough for a family of four. 40 inch flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, nice drawers and cabinets, cozy lighting, soft and comfortable two queen beds are for your family to enjoy. Wall to wall carpet and a balcony to relax and smell the sea breeze to entice you. Toilet and bath fixtures are easy to operate, clean and functional at the least. Definitely the choice hotel in the area. BTW, free breakfast! We'll be back.

Room tip: Rooms facing the sea
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
carouselresort, Public Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Fairfield Inn & Suites. We glad you had a comfortable say in our spacious and newly renovated room with incredible water views. It is also nice to hear that you and your family preferred our location on the Main St with close proximity to all attractions, shopping, and dining. We look forward to seeing you back sometime soon!

Reviewed October 7, 2018

This hotel has all the good things going for it. A prime location located right off the inlet.
An excellent design, modern and up to date. Although I requested a King room and I am a Marriott Rewards member, I got no upgrade which was a surprise given my experience at other Marriott properties. I was stuck with two queen beds. I booked through Hotels.Com so I guess that was held against me even though this was an "off-season" stay. Alright, I get it. Even with this sour note, this Fairfield is an excellent property, and, I would stay again.

Room tip: Use your Marriott membership for booking.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
carouselresort, Public Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Thank you for your review and staying at the Fairfield Inn. We sincerely apologize for your inconveniences and will do our best to prevent it from occurring in the future. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a spur of the moment overnight trip. This is a fantastic hotel. Very clean and well maintained. The rooms were very nicely laid out. The breakfast was good and the staff attending to it was keeping it stocked and neat. We watched the grounds maintenance very meticulously looking after the pool area. The dock in the back was covered in seagull poop when we got there. Within the hour someone was out power washing it, we just noticed it , we didn’t say anything. Most places would just leave it dirty and say that is what happens by the water. The pool was well cared for and clean. The only problem was someone left the tv in the gym on and tuned to FOX News. (But that is user error, not the hotel’s fault. )

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn when planning your getaway. We are happy to hear you had a comfortable stay in our spacious room with incredible bay views. IT is also nice to hear that you enjoyed all of our amenities including the Complimentary Breakfast, Outdoor Pool and Fitness Center. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2018

We are already hoping to return to this hotel again next year. The hotel is located such that all rooms have a bay view. Staff was friendly, helpful, very cheerful. The facility and the rooms were clean. The rooms are quite ample and include a small refrigerator and microwave. We had two TVs and a sitting area and also a small balcony with two comfortable chairs. This was a very quiet and comfortable space. Breakfast had many choices...something for everyone. The heated pool is a nice size. The staff was very accommodating when we had to rearrange our plans due to the evacuations prior to the arrival of Hurricane Florence. This is just a simple, lovely, relaxing place.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
carouselresort, Public Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Helen L, thank you for sharing your great experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. We glad you had a comfortable stay in our spacious room with incredible Bay views. It is also nice to know that you enjoyed all of our amenities such as Outdoor Pool, Complimentary Breakfast and Fitness Center. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is up to Marriott standards as far as amenities. I found the king room to be small and very expensive though. Anywhere else a Fairfield would be in the budget friendly category. The best part was the outside deck which enabled listening to music at Ropewalk next door and people watching. In my room, I was able to hear people talking next door. Wish folks would lower their voices as a courtesy to others when staying at a hotel. Breakfast was really good. The shower was nice and big but could use a larger shelf. Was hard to fit razor, soap, shampoo and conditioner on the small shelf. Parking was plentiful. I would not have stayed there because of the price had I not been able to use reward points and the proximity to Ropewalk. Was just there for the night to see a band.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Terpatt
carouselresort, Public Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Fairfield Inn & Suites. We glad you had a great time and enjoyed our amenities such as Complimentary Hot Breakfast, Outdoor Pool, and Sundeck. We will gladly take your suggestions into consideration and look forward to seeing you back soon!