All reviews loved swimming in the pool extra sheets pet friendly room loved the screened porch recommending places to eat place to sleep owners were friendly main street weekend visit very pleased with our stay small hotel great hosts booked this hotel well maintained and clean the wi fi comfortable bed within walking distance
Reviewed August 14, 2016

Good location. Rooms need updating. Internet was down more than it worked. No TV reception. The entire inn needs improvement. Pool was good. Service was good. They had not received our reservation from our online booking but were able to accommodate us.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
HistoricLHInn, General Manager at My Lighthouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2016

Thank you for your review.
We are happy we were able to accommodate your stay, despite the confusion with the 3rd party booking agent. We do recommend calling The Lighthouse Inn directly in the future for the guaranteed lowest rates.
We are happy to hear you were pleased with the service. As new management we are extremely dedicated to providing clean and comfortable rooms and exceptional customer service.
Thank you for your comments about the free Wi-Fi and TV reception. On the day of your check-in, the internet issue was brought to our attention and we did take immediate action to have it resolved. Our internet provider was called in and has installed both a brand new router as well as a brand new Wi-Fi extender. Since the installation of the new equipment we have had no internet issues in either of our buildings! We apologize for the poor TV reception. Our cable provider is in the process of upgrading all of our rooms to HD service with new HD boxes.
We also have plans for a major renovation in the near future, to bring our rooms up to date.

Again, thank you! And we hope you choose to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed August 8, 2016

My husband and I booked a weekend stay here with our 2 small dogs, and were extremely pleased. The location is unbeatable--walkable (or a quick drive in our case)to downtown and Maddox Street, where there are tons of great food options. Chris and Lea, who manage the property, were super friendly and accommodating despite our really late arrival. All of their suggestions were spot-on (Pico Taqueria for the BEST tacos--we ate there twice), and an awesome dog-friendly boat tour of the island (Saltwater Pony Tours--highly recommend).

It's an older hotel, but full of charm. I know that they recently renovated a good chunk of rooms, but we were in a pre-renovated dog-friendly room; It was a little dated and no frills, but had nice basic amenities like a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bed was also super comfortable. I overheard someone saying that they'll likely be renovating these rooms soon, too. Our room was carpeted, but I think tile would be a better option in case of spillage or dog accidents. Regardless, it worked well for our purposes and we had no complaints! The grassy area out front was perfect for early morning/evening dog walks, and it was just a lovely place to sit out and relax.

We had a great time, and won't hesitate to stay here again with our pups. Chris and Lea really do go above and beyond to ensure your comfort and satisfaction, which is something you just don't get at other hotels. Highly recommend Lighthouse Inn for your Chincoteague getaway!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely wonderful. The managers make it this way. They are super friendly. They will help with anything they can, call you to make sure your okay if a lighting storm is happening. They took great care of me, my mom, my 2 sisters and our 2 dogs. They have made the hotel extremely pet friendly. Even to say the dogs could be in the pool area and swimming as long as no other guest were out. Still very kind. And kept the rooms super clean and well stocked. Did maid service when requested. Quickly and beautifully. Always super helpful. Definitely going to stay there every time I go back.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Katie J
Reviewed July 30, 2016

How do I describe how inviting this couple was. The couple who manage this hotel are wonderful people. We came down for pony penning week. It was me,my mom, two sisters plus our two dogs. We arrived four hours earlier than we thought we might and they had our room ready and let us check in no extra charge or hassle. The room was immaculately kept, well stocked and clean. We immediately felt comfortable and the beds were super comfortable. We felt very safe to leave the dogs to go to eat or to the beach. They even allowed them in the pool area when no other guests were present as long as they did not disturb other guests and were removed if someone else came to swim. During our stay I counted at least five dogs at the hotel and all were treated well.
My favorite thing though was when we requested maid service it was done promptly and well. I never even asked about wifi because we just used the data so no review there but I do know they have it and I saw several guests using it. The location of this hotel is spot on for the beach, shopping or whatever you want to do.
This was one of the best hotels I ever stayed at, but it's mostly because of the managers who waived our second pet deposit just out of sheer kindness. So five stars all around here!

Room Tip: They will help you select the perfect room either second floor or pet friendly just ask
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

This Inn made our weekend amazing! The young couple managing the property were so welcoming, and definitely went above and beyond to make our anniversary special. You just can't get this service at a chain hotel. This was our first Chincoteague Island visit, and we'll be staying here every time we come back!

TIP:
Make sure you ask for the tutorial when you first get there :-) again, you can't get this service at a chain!

ROOM ITSELF:
The pictures actually don't do them justice. They are very clean and actually quite nice! Very charming, with your classic carpet and bed spreads. But again, much nicer in person than the photos. I happen to be pretty particular about my pillows and blankets, so we always bring my own, even at fancy hotels. But my husband ended up using the pillows at Lighthouse!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple