“Absolutely Wonderful ”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Local Favorite Since 1973. Located in the Heart of Downtown Chincoteague. Oysters & Clams on the Half-Shell. Great place for Family Gatherings, Parties,& Meetings
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Friday night and we had quick seating,fantastic service and incredible meals. Very accommodating to a group with a two year old. Meals were exceptional, shrimp, crab cakes, ham, salad bar. A must for anyone who is visiting Chincoteague Island. All around great food and great service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,517)

Reviewed September 14, 2017

Living in a tourist area, I get it. It's been a long summer, everyone is tired of people and traffic and the same old questions. Upon entering we were seated and looking around I thought what year is this? There was some sort of buffet set up apparently for a group, but couldn't tell for who. Our server seemed uninterested, never bothering to tell us the specials, which we overheard from another server at a table behind us. Hubs had manhattan chowder,and I tried the vegetable beef soup. Campbell's? Definitely canned. Salad bar was uninspired, but ok for a quick lunch. Hubs had the chicken Chesapeake. The crab was good, but the hollandaise not so much. Unnecessary, really. I had the the roasted oysters and they were fabulous! The oysters saved the meal. The energy level of some of the staff was definately low. I get the original charm and nautical theme, but a bit of updating and some staff training would go a long way.

Reviewed September 11, 2017

The general concensus was the soup was delicious. For the seafood lovers in our group, they really enjoyed the Seafood Alfredo Pasta. I'm a land eater, the Steak I had was terrible. It tasted as though someone doused it in Old Bay, cooked it in the microwave, threw it on my plate and called it a meal. We thought the prices were quite high. Something as simple as a salad was over $10.00. Unlimited trips to a very small salad bar was $11 and change. The salad bar consisted of two soups, lettuce, spinach, steamed beets (served cold), beans, and a small vat of cold pasta. The priced seemed outlandish to me. I do not recommend this restaurant unless you like Bloody Mary's and Seafood Pasta Alfredo, which were big hits in our group.

Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

We have been coming to Don's since 1991. The food is always consistent and fresh. The fried chicken is delicious and the stone crab claws, served piping hot, are a treat! The staff is friendly. Theresa is our favorite waitress and the bar staff is (Kristen, Josh, Ruby, etc.) consistently check in to be sure all us we. The owner, Tommy, always stops by to say hello. Additionally, Don's supports many community events. The decor is outdated, but who cares??? The fresh seafood and good company makes this place a treasure.

1  Thank beachgypsyracediva
Reviewed September 11, 2017

Don's is another great location in Chincoteague for eating. Their sea-food chowder is great and homemade potato chips are a special treat