“Great seafood!”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Local Favorite Since 1973. Located in the Heart of Downtown Chincoteague. Oysters & Clams on the Half-Shell. Great place for Family Gatherings, Parties,& Meetings
Reviewed September 18, 2017

We enjoyed lunch here and had wonderful seafood. I would highly recommend this place for lunch or dinner.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,518)

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

We visited on a Saturday for lunch and headed upstairs. Seeing plenty of open tables, we asked the bartender if we could sit by the window and she said yes. But the server who saw us going there stopped us and said we couldn't sit there, we had to check in downstairs. We did that and the hostess brought us upstairs and seated us at the same table we had wanted. Then the server did help us but seemed quite rushed. She did not tell us the specials (although we later overheard her tell others what they were). To be fair, the room was just beginning to fill up, and she was the only one waiting on tables up there. I got the fried clams basket and they were delicious and tender. But the overall experience brought this point home to me: in addition to good food, diners want efficient service and a welcoming atmosphere. Those things matter when you're having a meal out.

For a good first impression, perhaps Don's should put a sign at the entrance to advise people heading upstairs they need to check in downstairs first. They could also have more servers working during peak times.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

This was my least favorite restaurant in Chincoteague. Food lacked flavor. We asked for seating with a water view but it overlooks a parking lot with water far beyond.

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Friday night and we had quick seating,fantastic service and incredible meals. Very accommodating to a group with a two year old. Meals were exceptional, shrimp, crab cakes, ham, salad bar. A must for anyone who is visiting Chincoteague Island. All around great food and great service.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

Living in a tourist area, I get it. It's been a long summer, everyone is tired of people and traffic and the same old questions. Upon entering we were seated and looking around I thought what year is this? There was some sort of buffet set up apparently for a group, but couldn't tell for who. Our server seemed uninterested, never bothering to tell us the specials, which we overheard from another server at a table behind us. Hubs had manhattan chowder,and I tried the vegetable beef soup. Campbell's? Definitely canned. Salad bar was uninspired, but ok for a quick lunch. Hubs had the chicken Chesapeake. The crab was good, but the hollandaise not so much. Unnecessary, really. I had the the roasted oysters and they were fabulous! The oysters saved the meal. The energy level of some of the staff was definately low. I get the original charm and nautical theme, but a bit of updating and some staff training would go a long way.