“Good food, but not a full Western Sizzlin'”

Western Sizzlin Steak House
Ranked #22 of 31 Restaurants in Covington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 7, 2017

Stopped here after going to two closed restaurants. This must be a 'franchised' restaurant, because they only have a small salad bar and a small hot food table. Two of us were traveling back to western West Virginia and needed a meal. We noticed the sparse number of cars in the parking lot. Once inside, we knew why. I had the buffet, which was not up to normal Western Sizzlin'. But we needed a meal and we stayed and ate. Somewhat disappointed, because I was looking for a 'real' Western Sizzlin'. The other driver had country fried steak and baked potato and it looked good and he confirmed it was, in fact, good. In summary, it is a meal - nothing special.

Reviewed January 31, 2017 via mobile

I've eaten here several times but it's been a while since I had been here. Pulled in to the parking lot and there was only 3 or 4 cars on the lot at 7pm. Went in and was greeted by hostess who asked if I needed a menu. I asked what was on the buffet and she replied that she didn't know. I asked if I could go look. This is when I realized that instead of having SEVERAL lines of hot food,fruit,salad etc.,they now only have 1 bar for hot food and 1 bar for salad. They had fried chicken, chicken livers and liver and onions. I noticed over against the wall was a pizza sitting under a heat lamp. This is when I politely told the hostess I thought I would go somewhere else to eat.This place used to have LOTS of choices on multiple bars. Don't know what happened to it. I would guess new management? Now I see why there were so few cars on the lot . I predict that if this place doesn't change it will be boarded up soon. I won't be going back.

1  Thank T2440PSroberth
Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

We used to love this restaurant, but it has downsized tremendously. The hot bar, salad bar, dessert bar are so small with less food choices as compared to what they used to be. Even the interior has been downsized. There didn't seem to be as many booths. Just disappointed to see this happen to a once good restaurant. The food was just ok.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

I guess when compared to Ryans or Golden Corral, this restaurant might be a 5 out of 10. But the cost was the same as any buffet restaurant.The food was hot but not a lot to choose from on the bar. The service was fine and the staff was friendly.

Reviewed August 12, 2016

Food was cold, a lot of the items tasted old and had been on the steam table to long. Staff was not friendly. Certainly not somewhere I will go again.

1  Thank Domonique R