“Christmas Eve Diner”

Price range: US$8 - US$25
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Amtrac station one block south
Description: If you're ready for a new fine-dining experience, it's time to visit Foti's Restaurant in Culpeper, Virginia. The superb service, delicate flavors, and extraordinary wines rival those of the finest restaurants in the Washington, D.C., area. Indeed, owners Frank and Sue Maragos refined their talents at the world-famous Inn at Little Washington prior to opening Foti's in 2005. Yet the friendly atmosphere and small-town hospitality are uniquely Foti's, which is why the establishment bears Frank's childhood nickname. Foti's menu revolves around the finest local products, including grass-fed beef and lamb, handmade cheeses, and heirloom vegetables and herbs.
Reviewed January 10, 2018

Large family gathering for Christmas Eve Diner. The service was very good as the restaurant was packed and we were a group of 15. The menu is not your typical fare and probably not the best place for kids. I am not a fan of lamb, or steak with Kale and sauce on top or mushroom ravioli and wish they had a few more choices to my liking but hey that is what they serve. Overall not bad but not a place I would go back to.

1  Thank Bonnie H

Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

From greeting to dessert, was great experience. Food very good, service very friendly and awesome spot for great meal.

Reviewed December 13, 2017

We were traveling with friends and stopped in for a delightful lunch at Foti's. The menu offers a wide variety of choices, and our party enjoyed the BLT and salad options. The waiter was friendly, and quick to warm up one of the wraps as requested.

1  Thank Sandy H
Reviewed December 11, 2017

Visiting a friend who moved into the area and got a chance to try a few good restaurants in the area (there are a lot of good places here). The menu is eclectic...very interesting selections and spins on some more common dishes, made uncommon by how they make them.
I decided to try a mix of new and old and came away quite pleased with my selections overall. Started with soup which was just okay...could have had more flavor and been served hotter, then moved on to the snails which were simply awesome and made me forget (almost) all about the soup. I think, while different from the usual French presentation, the flavors I enjoyed were far better and the presentation far more interesting too. Excellent dish! At this point, I was pretty full and probably should have stopped there, but decided to try their burger. Yes, I know, not an exciting choice, but still, there's a measure of a place to be found in how they do the "standards" and the chef at Foti's knocked this one out of the park. Tender, juicy, a great mix of flavors, this was an impressive burger...and yes, I ate the whole thing!
Too full for dessert, but when visiting again, this is one stop I will definitely be making. It really is top notch and you won't be sorry if you go.
As a sidebar, the service was also very good...but the food was so impressive, I didn't really think much about it...just that it was there when you needed it...which is exactly what service should be.

FoteosM, Manager at Foti's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2018

I want to thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the soup. Next time you come in we'll make sure it's piping hot! And hopefully you'll have room to try dessert as well. We look forward to it.
Thanks again.

Reviewed November 11, 2017

We stopped in around 5:00 on a Friday night. The server was friendly. The menu is very interesting. I ordered the duck breast which was delicious. The atmosphere is relaxing and you get good food.

Thanks so much for dining with us and sharing your thoughts. We are so happy that you enjoyed. Come see us again!