“A reasonable hotel during a snowstorm” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Dublin
The Villages, Florida
“A reasonable hotel during a snowstorm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Recently heading south on I-81, a freak snow squall closed I-81 south and I was forced to find a hotel in what seemed like the middle of nowhere. I had the good fortune to find the Comfort Inn in Dublin VA. Instead of ripping off stranded travelers like myself, the clerk at the Comfort Inn gave us coupons so we could spend a night a comfy, clean hotel for the very reasonable price of $47 a night plus tax. She then recommended a Fatz restaurant about a mile down the road that had delicious ribs (steaks not so good). Hotel has a nice cozy lobby and gives you a full breakfast buffet as well. This hotel was a real find--so much so that I'm going to make it a planned stop on my way down South next year.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Irishlass54

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Gnowangerup, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

Do yourself a favor and keep driving or sleep in your car. We booked 12 rooms for a family wedding. The rooms reeked of cigarettes, mold in bathrooms, towels years beyond usefull life. Opened the window to air out the room and wound up with the window in my hands!

To make matters worse, my eldderly father-in-law suffered a heart attack at night. The front desk did call 911 for us. Following day, due to a desk clerk screw-up with the credit card, they banged on her door and threatened to call the police if she didn't immediately come to the front desk and pay the bill. Did they think a 70 year old woman, staying at the hotel with family, who's husband was in Cardic ICU was going to beat them for the night!

Saturday night we confirmed with the desk clerk a late check-out on Sunday. Sunday morning the cleaning staff was banging on the doors at 10:30 AM.

Check out: Sunday morning - no desk clerk! I was charged for a non-existent pet - 3 nights at $20 per night. Cleaning staff said they couldn't refund money. 2 weeks later, finally got the account credited back.

Check your bill - they like to charge everyone $1.50 for a room safe wether you use it or not.

Facililties: DUMP!
Staff: CLUELESS IDIOTS

Don't complain to corporate, they don't care. Stated all hotels are independently operated and they can't do anything for you.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank nik n

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

I'm embarrassed to say how much I paid, but was desperate for a room at the last minute to attend a game at Virginia Tech. I guess it was unreasonable for me to expect a bed that wasn't covered in hair, or some type of bloody stain. Room and hallways reeked of cigarette smoke, and huge stains on chair, towels frayed. Do not stay here!! Had to get new sheets and blanket, and changed myself. Worst hotel experience of my life....wish I had checked Trip Advisor prior to booking, but called over 25 hotels, and this was all I could get....

Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

The only thing good I can say about this hotel was it was easy to get to from I-81, the rooms were clean but beyond that I would not recommand this hotel to any one.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Tampa FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

We have always trusted Choice Hotels to provide us with a clean room. That is all we ask. This was one of worst I have ever seen or stayed in. I made a list of all that was wrong with the room and came up with twelve things. I won't list all of them, but believe me it was disgusting. Mold on the walls, the shower curtain rod hanging by a thread from the wall, the vent in the bathroom and the air exchange on the air conditioning unit were beyond filthy. It gives me the creeps even thinking about it. They had stored extra furniture in our room so it was difficult to even walk around. The smell---ugh! There is no Comfort in this Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Read these reviews before you go. No one will take the time to write a review if they don't fee...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

This place was horrible.
The bathrooms were dirty, the hallways and rooms reek of cigarette smoke, the TV sets are ancient and have terrible reception, the walls are like paper and the airconditiners didn't work properly. This place is a "dump"
Stay somewhere else at all cost.
I reported my experience to the corporate office twice and got no response from them.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else is my best tip
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank vintagelinensbylois
New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

Corridors reek of cigarette smoke; the same stench was eminating from the office and into the lobby. Our room had no issues with smoke odor, but getting to it, one had to deal the stench.
The place is a bit worn and could use refurbishment. In our room, the door handle had penetrated the wall and it had not been repaired. There were broken tiles in the bathroom and the desk chair was broken. TV picture quality was poor and furnishings just looked worn.
The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was more than adequate. The room was clean.

Overall it was reasonable for the coupon rate. Paying rack rate would make it overpriced.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
0.2 km away
27.0 km away
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#14 of 20 in Wytheville

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!