Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great massage and facial, but rushed experience

My RMT massage with Nick was amazing, he is very professional and experienced - my muscles were... read more

Reviewed December 22, 2018
BestTimesEver
via mobile
Amazing massage and facial

I came in for a massage and facial for my third time in a year and the staff always makes me feel... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Melony S
via mobile

All reviews march break couples package lounge area street clothes paraffin wax great massage my daughter last year facial rmt therapist jc min pedi mimosas stories room
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

I recently visited the spa while staying at the resort and left feeling like I paid way too much for what I experienced.

I was greeted with a warm welcome and offered a beverage and asked to wait in a “lounge” area. I was never offered a robe to change into. The lounge is separated from the reception by a half wall. The receptionist took personal call after personal call and left me and the other guest to sit there and listen.

I was met by the RMT and led to a tiny massage room. Asked to change and hang up my stuff on the door. As I was laying there waiting, all I could hear were kids playing and screaming from the hotel pool. I heard this over the light music that was playing. Not very relaxing or spa like to say the least. It was hard to block it out.

The massage was okay...not the greatest and not the worst that I’ve had...but definitely could have been better and not worth the $155 price tag.

Overall, I think that they have to improve their atmosphere and professionalism. I don’t think that they can do much about the location being near the pool but maybe move the massage rooms further away.

I will not recommend this spa for a massage.

Date of experience: March 2018
AmbaSpa, Manager at Amba Spa at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Hi Lisa

Thank you for your comments. We do appreciate all feedback. Our spa is in a fantastic location, being close to all the amenities, and on occasion (like March Break) we do hear all the happy kids playing in the pool. We do have 5 different massage rooms, and I would be happy to have you try one of our other rooms for your next massage. We have 3 large couples massage rooms and 2 individual rooms all of which have soft music and candle light.

I am happy you tried out our hot stone massage with our registered massage therapists, while many people love it, I would highly recommend our Swedish massage with the registered massage therapists the next time you come to Horseshoe Resort, you will definitely not be disappointed.

I would love to speak with you further about it, please contact me directly at ambaspahsr@gmail.com

Kind regards,

JC
~Your Amba Team

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

I got a couples massage with my husband back in November (was scheduled with someone else but was seen by Derek) it was my first time having a RMT massage so I was not sure what to expect. The massage was somewhat painful but not unbearable, however the next day I was still stiff and sore (they told me to expect it so I thought nothing of it) a week later I was still sore, but didn't complain because it wasn't horrible pain. Now here I am 4 months later and I'm taking pain medications daily and have a requisition to see a physiotherapist. I can't move my neck most mornings and the pain is just getting worse. Horrible experience. Unforgettable for all the wrong reasons. So much for a lovely 10 year anniversary

Date of experience: November 2017
AmbaSpa, Manager at Amba Spa at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your couples massage from last November. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing continued neck discomfort. I have shared your feedback with your RMT Christopher, if you would like to discuss further, please contact us directly.
~Your Amba Team

Reviewed January 24, 2018

I had a pedicure by Jessica at the Amba Spa last weekend. It was lovely! She was a wonderful conversationalist and made my feet look and feel beautiful! I will definitely be going back and asking for her.

Date of experience: January 2018
AmbaSpa, Manager at Amba Spa at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Amazing! I am so glad you loved Jessica and your pedicure! We can't wait to see you back again soon!
~ Your Amba Team

Reviewed November 7, 2017

We recently had the couples package at the spa.

The website describes the services as follows:
Rekindle the romance with this package and enjoy a candlelit couples massage, followed by a side-by-side deluxe pedicure and time spent in a relaxing candlelit lounge.

The services themselves and the staff were excellent. Both the massage and the pedicures were great. What wasn't great was the ambiance or the price.

The couples massage room is very small. You are not given any robes, we changed out of our street clothes for the massage and put them back on in the tiny room. If it was 'candlelit' we didn't notice. There was also no 'relaxing in a candle lit room' unless they mean the very small waiting room where ALL the clients are waiting? There was certainly nothing romantic about it.

We had assumed that the couples pedicure was also in this magical candlelit room but turns out it was in the general pedicure room. Nothing too romantic about having a pedicure with your reluctant husband in a room full of ladies.

The prices were very high. Which is to be expected at a resort spa. However, the spa didn't deliver the extra that is expected at that rate.

Overall, we had a nice time, but for the price and the small size of the spa, we would go elsewhere next time.

Date of experience: November 2017
AmbaSpa, Manager at Amba Spa at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are glad you and your husband enjoyed your services and our staff exceeded your expectations! We do have a lovely little spa and are continually striving to improve our products, services and equipment as well as exceed our customers expectations so that each visit here our guests say "Wow, that was amazing". We strive to impress and exceed. I do invite you to reach out to me personally regarding your visit. We hope to see you and your husband again.
Kind regards, Your Amba Team

Reviewed November 7, 2017

I was in for a Pedicure recently, had a wonderful experience! The esthetician was great, the massaging chairs are wonderful, and the atmosphere very relaxing. I had the paraffin wax done also-highly recommend it. Manager JC is awesome!

Date of experience: November 2017

We are so glad you enjoyed your pedicure! Our new pedicure chairs sure do add a little extra to your service.....and I absolutely agree...the Paraffin is amazing!!! We look forward to seeing you again!
~ Your Amba Team