“Big portions, excellent dinner”

Sal's Italian Bistro
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Edinburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2017

Lots of food comes with your order, but it was all delish! I try and eat light, so I had the salad w/chicken, which was very good. Service was good at our table, but the people next to us shared a server who was helping with a party downstairs. We had a great meal though.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed November 4, 2017

I agree with some of the other reviews, that i was disappointed in the lack of spice in the marinara sauce. However, i still enjoyed my meal. They have outstanding bread that is served with both olive oil and butter. Also, the salad is always good. I find that it is hard to find a real good Italian restaurant, but this is better than the majority that i have been to.

Parking in on the street in front of the restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Great service and great food. We had the Manicotti. And the bread was excellent. Very neat and clean. Enjoyable little place.

1  Thank Regina B
Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

Sal’s is an intimate restaurant for couples but also is suitable for families & friends. My husband had the veal Parmesan & raved how much he enjoyed it. He said the veal was tender and the whole meal was flavorful. I had the shrimp Parmesan. First I had a small Greek salad, and it was anything but small! It had anchovies on it, which was a first for me but thought I would give it a try. The salad was wonderful & the dressing was full of flavor, the salad also hosted Greek olives, which I love. My serving of the shrimp Parmesan was huge with plenty of shrimp, the shrimp may have been over cooked a bit but the sauce made up for that. (Sorry I forgot to take a picture of it before I ate it, I just have a picture of my leftovers!) I definitely recommend trying Sals out, it is medium priced but worth every penny. Our waitress was in no hurry, other waitresses were hustling, so maybe go in for a leisurely evening.

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

Visited Sals again to see if anything improved from before trip here however nothing had improved with the marinara sauce. For a authentic Italian restaurant I struggle to understand why the pasta sauce remains basically tomato sauce with little or no spices in it. The pasta sauce in a Italian restaurant is the mainstay ingredient necessary for bringing back repetitive customers. Is the owner Not looking at the reviews from customers because obviously nothing has improved from prior visits from patrons. Sad, because at one time this restaurant was as good as any around..