“Fine dinning in a small town...”

Sal's Italian Bistro
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Edinburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Minutes off I-81 and right in town. Very authentic style food.If you not into formal Italian food, try the pizza or steak.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Lots of food comes with your order, but it was all delish! I try and eat light, so I had the salad w/chicken, which was very good. Service was good at our table, but the people next to us shared a server who was helping with a party downstairs. We had a great meal though.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

I agree with some of the other reviews, that i was disappointed in the lack of spice in the marinara sauce. However, i still enjoyed my meal. They have outstanding bread that is served with both olive oil and butter. Also, the salad is always good. I find that it is hard to find a real good Italian restaurant, but this is better than the majority that i have been to.

Parking in on the street in front of the restaurant.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Great service and great food. We had the Manicotti. And the bread was excellent. Very neat and clean. Enjoyable little place.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Sal’s is an intimate restaurant for couples but also is suitable for families & friends. My husband had the veal Parmesan & raved how much he enjoyed it. He said the veal was tender and the whole meal was flavorful. I had the shrimp Parmesan. First I had a small Greek salad, and it was anything but small! It had anchovies on it, which was a first for me but thought I would give it a try. The salad was wonderful & the dressing was full of flavor, the salad also hosted Greek olives, which I love. My serving of the shrimp Parmesan was huge with plenty of shrimp, the shrimp may have been over cooked a bit but the sauce made up for that. (Sorry I forgot to take a picture of it before I ate it, I just have a picture of my leftovers!) I definitely recommend trying Sals out, it is medium priced but worth every penny. Our waitress was in no hurry, other waitresses were hustling, so maybe go in for a leisurely evening.