All reviewsparking garagefront deskwafflesfree covered parkingsleeping roomseparate sitting areageorge mason universitywaffle makermodern decorfree breakfast ismini fridgenice areamy home away from homelobby areaindoor poollots of restaurantswould definitely stay here again
Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

We had a large king room with sofa. It was clean. The bathroom was mostly clean with exception of the toilet wasn't flushed when we arrived. The bed was the hardest thing we have ever slept on in a hotel. Horrible. Especially for a person getting ready for a procedure that is already uncomfortable. The room and hotel was quiet. Came with breakfast included which was a nice feature. No restaurant in hotel, had a pizza delivered.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2016

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope everything went well with your procedure.. Would you mind sending me a quick e-mail regarding which room you stayed in? I would like to follow up with my housekeeping team so that we can look into a few concerns you've mentioned. Thank you so much for staying with us!

Get well soon,

Reviewed July 23, 2016

We were in Fairfax for a George Mason University event for our daughter. Hotel is the closest hotel to the school I think. Room was clean and quiet; amenities were good; courteous and friendly staff at check-in. Chris at the front desk gave us a room on 5th floor when I asked for a "quiet room". No complaints!

Room Tip: 5th floor was quiet - not sure of other floors
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your positive feedback! We strive to be the best hotel in the Fairfax area for all families visiting GMU. We are definitely the closest property and always have family friendly rates for GMU friends and family. We hope orientation went well and that you were able to keep cool during the campus tour. It has been a extremely hot and humid summer here in Fairfax. I will definitely share your kind comments with Chris and the rest of my team. Please come back and visit us soon!

Go Patriots!

Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

This hotel served its purpose as an efficient family hotel with decent free breakfast , gym, pool (small one but lifeguard a plus) , central location.
The front desk staff are fantastic- helpful, knowledgeable and friendly.

Our room was kept clean. The shower faucet handle kept falling off and the light over the sink worked intermittently.

My biggest disappointment is that I left something behind in the room, and when I called the hotel the same day I checked out, my item was not in the lost and found. So the cleaning staff must have taken it which really troubles me!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Hi AmyCapeCod,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you had a great stay minus the issue with the shower handle and light. I am so sorry for the inconveniences this may have caused you. I'm hoping that we were able to resolve these issues prior to your departure.

I'm so glad that we were able to locate your water bottle that was left behind. Hopefully you've received it by now. I totally understand how frustrating it may be to leave an item behind but I'm so glad we found it and were able to ship it to you free of charge.

Thanks again for staying with us,

Reviewed July 20, 2016

We stayed here 3 nights while in town for an event in D.C. It was myself, my mother and 5 kids (ages 6-15) The room was spacious and plenty big enough, the hotel was clean, the room was clean, staff was very friendly and welcoming, hotel grounds were nice and they also had a covered parking garage with plenty of parking, breakfast was good and changed daily, pool was clean and lifeguard was very attentive. The hotel is a short walk to several shops and restaurants and short drive to almost anything else you could want. The Fair Oaks mall and metro station both are very close. This was a great hotel and very reasonable rates. It was well accommodating and is now our favorite in the area so far. We will staying here from now on when we return. If you are traveling with children I highly recommend. I did read complaints about the breakfast but we thought it was great. There was a good variety of breads, bagels, muffins, cereals, yogurts and fruit. They also had the waffle makers, eggs, sausage, ham, different cheeses and oatmeal with lots of toppings to choose from. We loved the hotel and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: The suites with 2 beds and couch are very spacious
1  Thank Wendy B

We are so glad that you had a fantastic stay and enjoyed Washington D.C. I'm so glad that you and your family loved our complimentary breakfast. Were you able to try our new chocolate chip waffles?! I can't decide if I like the chocolate chip or the pumpkin spice flavor more haha!

Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 10, 2016

We were in town for a military retirement.......and with ease of navigability, we stayed here. It was near the venue, their home, and a mall. (Albeit, the last one was more reason to stay here alone.....I will now review the property).
The parking lot is tight, and the space near the main entrance could barely accommodate 3 cars....and being ours was an extended cab Navigator....made it all the more challenging for any others to prep for arrival. The 3 tiered guest registration was ok, but I had requested 'no contact arrival'...as if I didn't wanna "have to" talk to a staffer, just grab my keys and go.
That was not the case......
The staffer assisting me, was new, and had to have the manager staffer......who was on tier 2, accompany him on tier 3....thus creating even more of a bottleneck.
Finally I got my room cards and started the journey up.
The elevators are only in the center portion of the property.
In the room, you will see the couch, the work area, around a nook, is the fridge/microwave.
The bed is on the opposite side of the half-wall shared with the work area. There is a large window with a roll-up blind. The latrine was well lit and clean.

As I unpacked my luggage, and was setting up my devices on the work area, I noticed there was trash in the can. I notified front desk (the manager who was on tier 2 and she sent someone up for it & apologized).

The breakfast selection....was the soggy, powered eggs, and some yogurt, and bagels.
Yeah......I went down ONLY once....and spread the word to my family & we then opted to hit up this diner up the street.
The sitting area by the pool / front of the property had a chill vibe.
It can get LOUD in the lobby area.
Many places deliver here..........as we ordered in from a place or two during our stay.

There is a FREE attached parking garage here too.
The gym, was of decent size.

Hi,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel... Would you mind contacting me directly about your most recent stay? I'm concerned with a few issues you and your family experienced while staying with us and want to ensure that you have the correct property? I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!