All reviewsfront desklong terman extended staylaundry roomsecond homefitness centernice place to stayfull kitchennorthern virginiavanessarosakitchenettedishwasherpantryappliancesrateshousekeeping
Reviewed September 6, 2017

Used to stay at another, much more expensive, long term type chain. Candlewood suites offers a full kitchen, lots of work space, really comfy beds. Prices are at least 30 to 40% less than the other long tern hotels.. Updated furniture nice decor. Only drawback (if there even is one) is that thety don't supply a free breakfast. Why pay $50 to $100 more for breakfast?????? The staff is friendly, accommodating, just delightful. Harish at the Front Desk is the epitome of a desk attendant - learns your name, speaks every time her sees you, he's responsive and friendly and knows what he's doing. The other staff all follow his example - everyone says hello, knows their stuff. Candlewood Suites has earned my loyalty!!

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed July 21, 2017

Whenever that I am in Fairfax VA,I always call our freiendly receptionist Harish to make our reservations.He is very trustworthy,amazing and always give us the best advice of dining places and shopping areas.
Thank you Harish.

Room Tip: Actually its a great hotel,so any room is great.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

After spending eight hours driving in the car and making a reservation on Hotels.com, I arrived at this hotel only to find that hotels.com had overbooked the property. All of the other area hotels were completely sold out. I was worried that I would have to sleep in my car. Harish was patient and worked extremely hard to identify the problem and find a room that I could stay in. It wasn't occupied because the refrigerator in the suite was broken, but at 10:45 at night I certainly didn't need to keep anything cold! Harish could have easily turned me away, but he made an exception and allowed me a very comfortable night's sleep. What great service and thoughtful problem-solving! It's an affordable hotel - meaning sometimes corners get cut, but clearly not in the staffing. Thank you so much for your help and allowing me to have the energy to have a productive business meeting today.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2017

Excellent hotel! Not only is the facility clean, with great rooms and amenities, including a 24-hour fitness center, free coffee and 24-hour store, but it is cost-effective with incredible staff.
Managers, Laila and Rosa are fantastic, provide tremendous customer service and are always accessible, as is the Engineer/Maintenance Lead, Ruben, who is friendly and always available for any needs.
Front desk staff are also friendly, helpful and jovial - Brenda, Robert, Vanessa and Harish all provide impeccable service, while the Cleaning/Housekeeping team are incredible professional, kind and also always available.
Lucy leads the team and is fantastic, as is her team, including Eva, Dunia, Rosa H. and Dora.
I am here for a long-term stay,, work in downtown DC and have gotten to know each of them and highly-recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank usatopcoat
CWSfxMgt, Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

Dear usatopcoat,

We cannot begin to express our gratitude with such a kind and sincere review. We are pleased to know you are satisfied with everything we provide. From our lending locker to as you mentioned our 24 hour gym/laundry. We hope we can continue to provide great service for the remainder of your stay.

The Candlewood Suites Fairfax Team.

Reviewed May 30, 2017

I had a problem with the outlet by my bed and also was bummed it only had two outlets. I complained in the morning as I checked in late and asked for it to be fixed and also if i could borrow a power strip as I have more than two devices I like to charge next to my bed. When i returned later that day I was fully expecting to have to change rooms. The maintenance guy Ruben was in the lobby when I got back and informed me he had indeed fixed my outlet and that he had left a power strip on my table.He was super nice, let me know what his hours were, and then came back to my room to double check that the outlet was still fixed.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear mrscrubbers,

We appreciate your review. We are glad to hear that although you experienced some troubles during your stay our maintenance engineer was able to resolve any issues found and made the rest of your stay comfortable. We hope to see you again if you return to the Fairfax area.

The Candlewood Suites Fairfax Team.