All reviewsfront desklong terman extended staylaundry roomsecond homefitness centernice place to stayfull kitchennorthern virginiavanessarosakitchenettedishwasherpantryappliancesrateshousekeeping
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

I’m an international student in Fairfax, so before I came to U.S I booked two nights only. When I reached U.S and went the hotel I meet Harish who is the nicest guy I ever met. This guy always smiling and have time to chat with me about any subject he never makes me feel like his busy I always feel like I’m the only person living there. The hotel itself is very comfortable and the price is fare for the services they provide. I just checked out last week and instead of two nights I spent one month. I miss the place already . Thank you Harish and all the staff members for make me feel like home.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
CWSfxMgt, Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Dear Yousef,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our Candlewood Suites Fairfax. We are so happy that Harish was able to make you feel comfortable and right at home helping you to make the decision to stay the full month!

Please know that we are here if you ever plan to travel to the area again!

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Candlewood Suites in Fairfax is in a convenient location, just off the intersection of I 66 and US Rt. 50. We found the staff to be very courteous and helpful. The rates are very good for the area. They do not offer maid service every day. I am not certain what the schedule is. There is no food service other than a small market in the lobby. The worst part of our stay was the bed. Many of the guests appeared to be contractors, i.e., single guests. As a consequence, with only one person sleeping in the bed quite often (I am speculating) the mattress was depressed in the center. Accordingly, we each kept rolling toward the center. IUt made for several fairly uncomfortable nights of sleep.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Candlewood Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our Candlewood Suites Fairfax. With out feedback, we would not know how to continue to improve our hotel and services. We are happy that you enjoyed our location and friendly staff. We go through great lengths to continuously improve our guest service experience through our staff. We are sorry that the bed was not comfortable for you, we will have to take a look at the bed in that unit as it may have gotten extra worn out, as we recently replaced all the beds in the hotel. We do appreciate you letting us know about this issue. Since we value your privacy, we only enter each room once per week if you stay a week or longer, we apologize if we did not notify you of this in advance.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again if your travels bring you to the Fairfax Area.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

There are some very few places where everybody seems to be motivated to take care of the customer. This hotel is one of those places. It started with me making a reservation late at night the old fashioned way -- through a telephone call, since I wanted to make sure that certain details didn't fall through the cracks. I reached Vanessa, who was totally charming and great to talk to, Late one afternoon (after 5:00), I encountered Harish at the front desk and told him of some small issue with the sink missing a strainer to prevent utensils from falling into the garbage disposal. Within a half hour, Pedro, whom I understand to be a senior maintenance man showed up. He talked it over with another maintenance man and they decided that they did not have the part. I suggested that they go to Lowe's nearby to get a strainer. Less than 45 minutes later, they showed up with the necessary part. That evening, when I returned from dinner, I happened to get into a conversation with Vanessa and Harish who were still on duty. They asked how I liked the bed. I said that it was very comfortable, as were the pillows. They then told me that the beds were only two months old. This attitude probably starts at the top with Laila, the general manager who has often taken the time to explain things to me. (BTW, she has worked for the management company for 17 years.) Since I'm looking for an apartment which can take time, Vanessa said she could work out an attractive rate if I needed to stay for a month. All in all, this hotel was a nice surprise

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
CWSfxMgt, Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Dear Mr. Sandmansmx,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our Candlewood Suites Fairfax. We take so much pride in assuring everyone on our team provides the best customer service possible. We are happy that this is what you experienced. Vanessa, Harish, Pedro, Laila, and all the team members hear your feedback and know that they are appreciated. This is why we are all here and continue to provided the best possible service in a comfortable environment. We look forward to continuing to serve you in the future!

Reviewed September 10, 2017

The service was as always excellent. The room was clean and well prepared for our visit. The location is so ideal for shopping and walking. Vanessa (the weekend manager) is so helpful, full of enthusiasm and a delight to to be around. Wish everyone in service positions had her knowledge and deameanor. Well done Vanessa.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2017

The staff treats me great. Recently all the rooms were renovated with new carpet and kitchen flooring. Rooms are very clean. Very clean and free laundry room.
I have been here for 3 months and the only complaint is no pool.

Room Tip: Spend a little more and get the on bedroom
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
CWSfxMgt, Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Dear Plang102,

Thanks for commenting the newly renovated carpets and flooring in all the suites. We are expecting to undergo more renovations toward the end of 2018. We also take great pride in knowing that we have an amazing housekeeping team who keeps our suites clean and fresh each and every day. Yes, a pool would be great, but then we would have to charge a ton more money, the decision is to stay more economically friendly!

Thank you for choosing Candleood Suites Fairfax.