“Very comfortable, easy on and off highway, recommendedded”

Best Western Fairfax
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Reviewed 7 August 2017

The lobby was having some kind of maintainance issue and smelled very strongly of mold. Very comfortable room, furnishings were quite nice, beautiful marble but small bathroom. Great stay for travelers

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Family Reunion zwxecrcvtyunhnjimo,.[/;ltgfrdeswsdefrgthujk[poikjuhytgrfedsxcrvbnmi,op/.,olkmmjhgfswedrftgyhujikp.o,imunhytgvrfcedwsxecfrvtgbyhbnujmiswedrfyhujikpoijuhygtfrdeswdefrgtyhujik,omikjnuhybvfrdfrgtyh

Reviewed 2 August 2017

for an overnight stay in Fairfax, this was a great hotel. the rooms are clean, the breakfast was sufficient and the staff were friendly. it is an older hotel with outside access to the rooms but we felt safe there. we will stay again, the value received is very good.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We ended up at the Best Western for a week after leaving another budget "hotel" unsatisfied with the accommodations. This was so much better than our original booking! We had a room with two double beds overlooking the pool on the third floor of the hotel and it suited our needs well. The beds were adequately comfortable, the microwave and fridge were useful, and the bathroom was updated. Fantastic pool and outdoor area. Convenient location. It would have been a great experience except for the fact that a large "group" of partyers were also present during our stay. Our first couple of days were perfect, but once the group arrived, the situation deteriorated. There were unruly kids overrunning the pool area ( I felt totally sorry for the overwhelmed lifeguard), the breakfast buffet couldn't meet the demands of the crowd, and the rude adults were up partying all hours of the night. Honestly, I couldn't believe how juvenile these people were. They were hanging out on the exterior balconies drinking at all hours of the night while their kids were left to their own destructive devices in the room adjoining ours. It was so noisy and loud on consecutive nights. At one point some super rude woman was actually leaning against my door smoking a cigarette and I actually nearly knocked her over when I opened it to tell her to please be quiet as it was 1 am! To the hotel's credit, they attempted several times to get these people to disperse and though they would temporarily,but then ,they would just resume their activity a few minutes later on another wing. We were offered a discount by the staff to apologize for the inconveniences and that is noble, but they need to be more selective with what groups they allow :(. Of course, I can understand why they would expect a girls' softball tournament crowd to be more respectful,but unfortunately they were not :(. Overall, we met some nice folks there that were not so rude and we would return again in the future.

Room Tip: Check with hotel to see if a group reservation is in place during your stay.
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Had a good time staying here. Booked at the last minute for nephew's college orientation, and nevertheless got a decent rate and a fine double room overlooking the pool. Air conditioning worked like a charm, even in the heat wave, so I was very grateful. Checking in and out was painless, and the staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. Was glad to end up there and will be back when college's family weekend comes in November.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Love everything, the location was perfect for us. Rooms are big with lots of space. The breakfast was awesome. After experiencing this hotel, I am hoping everywhere we travel there is a Best Western.

1  Thank trenten65
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We just returned from our week in the D.C. Area and wanted to give our review of this Best Western. The location was good. Not too crazy to get through with the usual congestion of the I-66 corridor and the people at the front desk were polite especially the blonde lady. We checked in on July 6th and stayed 5 nights. The beds were very hard, the shower never got hot and the refrigerator in our room sounded like it was on its last legs. The breakfast to me was nasty. Hard biscuits, bacon over cooked and the sausage was barely sausage. Nowhere near the quality of breakfast I've received from staying at other Best Western hotels. The hotel has a nice outdoor pool with a lifeguard on duty which my kids enjoyed. And the hotel is very close within a 5 minute drive to the Vienna metro stop so going to the national mall is convenient. Which brings me to my biggest complaint of the trip. We were in DC all day on Friday the 7th and upon returning the door to our room was open from the housekeepers. Who knows how long it had been open? My wife and I had valuables inside and being 500 miles away from home knowing nobody you can imagine how it would make you feel. The general manager was only willing to give 10 percent off just for one night! We got connecting rooms and spent $1000 and to only get what equated to a $20 savings is ridiculous. My wife and I had over $800 in that room. If I ever stay in the DC area again it won't be at this hotel. The only reason I gave it a two is because at least it was clean.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
BestWesternHotels, Corporate at Best Western Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

We are sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to make improvements to offer guests a better experience in the future. We hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again. -Best Western Hotels & Resorts