“Good menu and service”

On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #155 of 495 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Every day at 8 a.m., we start chopping veggies, soaking beans, and prepping our mesquite-fired grill. Not because we have to, but because we believe in delicious flavors made-to-order, from hand-rolled enchiladas to our sizzling fajitas to guacamole made right at your table. Everything pairs nicely with a grande margarita, and of course, enjoy the always endless chips and salsa.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

High 5 to Nilton our server - so pleasant and attentive. Service was prompt and always with a smile. We were there for lunch and we both ordered a Border Bowl salad - my husband had the shrimp and I had the chicken option. The shrimp was cooked just right and my chicken was very tender. My husband had a mango margarita - which I sampled - yummy! The restaurant is conveniently located in Fair Oaks Mall - so it is a great place to relax and enjoy a meal after a busy day of shopping. One nice thing I noticed was that it was reasonably quiet - so chatting during lunch did not require any yelling to be heard!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When my family and I went there today for lunch we hit seated and the waiter was horrible . After 25 minutes of waiting for our drinks my daughter in law went to the bar to get them for us . They had been made and was sitting on the bar waiting to be picked up by the waiter . Alex the waiter brought them over for us . Another waiter came over to the table behind us to check on them and he noticed us looking at him and not looking happy . He came over introduced himself “ TREY” he talked to us and asked us what was wrong and he fixed it right away . We asked him if he could become our waiter now and he informs us that he had to speak to his manager . He took care of his own tables and then picked up our table . Between Trey and Alex it changed a bad experience to a great experience we actually had a very nice lunch and had a pleasant waiter and bartender.
Alex did inform us that our original waiter was new and we told him if he would have told us this or even took the time to come over to our table and check on us or take our order then we would have understood. I understand about being new in a posiyand company but if you can’t handle or take care of your customers then you should not be in a customer service atmosphere.
If you go to this Restaurant locates in Fair Oaks Mall be sure to ask for Trey section . You won’t be upset or disappointed .
I hope the company and the managers know what a great two employees they have : TREY and ALEX

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

After a long time we went back to this chain. The restaurant in this mall is big and with lots of room. The server was attentive and really efficient. The chicken and shrimp fajita were very well made and served piping hot on hot iron platters. Tortilla chips and salsa were served as we sat down at the tables and were delicious. I highly recommend this eatery.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018

Perhaps this place just lives off the fact that there are so many hungry people going in and out of the area every week that they can get by with poor food and service. I was there with a colleague to have dinner. Food was average at best. Service was really poor - and there were very few of us in the restaurant. Server had to come back multiple times to ask what drink or food we had ordered. I would not return - too many other good spots around.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Such a disappointment. Wait staff were good but the food was not good. Nachos that were delivered not as requested but that didn't make any difference, they were some of the worst I have ever eaten. A burrito that was full of everything except much of the meat I ordered. And rice, beans, and a burrito. Oh....and $3.49 for a flavored iced tea. Never again as there are numerous options in the mall.

Date of visit: July 2018