“OK food, not that great”
Review of La Crepe Bistro

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Crepe Bistro
Ranked #321 of 495 Restaurants in Fairfax
Reviewed July 30, 2018

Went to this restaurant on weekend. Ordered two savory crepes: California Chicken Steak and Chicken Fontina. Both were OK. The California Chicken Steak was very dry. Both of them came with a side salad which was nothing but handful of leaves with some dressing. Also they do not have water fountain and they said if we need water then it will be without ice. Thus they compel you to buy a fountain drink which absolutely ridiculous.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

I stopped in to try a savory crepe at lunch time, thinking a crepe would be the best menu bet based on the restaurant's name. This was not to be.
This restaurant seems to follow the current trend of the stores inside the mall: hire as few people as possible to make it work.
The only employee behind the counter, a friendly woman, served as order taker, cashier, and cook. There were dirty plates and glasses next to the self- serve bus/ trash station; the table where I first sat had not been cleaned between diners.
The friendly woman behind the counter took my order of a chicken fontina; I paid for it and a Perrier bottled water and noticed she used one hand to manage the money and change and the other plastic gloved hand to handle food and cook.
The restaurant gets highly marks for making food as it's ordered, but the actual crepe was a heavy pancake, not a light crepe; the filling included shredded chicken, spinach and mushrooms in a very thick globby mixture that had congealed so much that it was no longer a sauce; I'm not sure it had ever started as a roux.
Since crepes are meant to be light and the fillings meant to complement the light pancake, the result was not French (or very good) in taste or texture.
It's nice that the mall offers an alternative to fast food venues like Taco Bell across the way, but this restaurant's management needs to visit a real French restaurant to experience what a real French crepe should look and taste like. They need to also hire enough staff to manage cleaning and cash register tasks independent from cooking tasks.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed April 15, 2017

This place is awful and nobody should even enter it. Today 04/15/17 around 8:50 P.M. we ,
my daughter and I ,were standing in front of the store trying to see what do they have?The lady at reception told us that they are closing, so we went to Hunan place nextdoor. When we came out of the other restaurant after eating dinner, we saw that people were sitting inside this restaurant and were eating their meal , and few others were ordering. I went up to the lady again and asked her why did she lie to us. Then she replied with the next lie that they were closed but the other people brought food from Taco bell and were eating in this restaurant. After I told her that , that does not make any sense, she lied again that they just ordered to go from them. I asked her that why did you not give us the option of to go, you told us that you are closed, she gave a bad look and did not reply. Everyone should avoid this place completely as I am sure liars can not cook good food, as their attention is more focused on cooking lies.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed July 12, 2016

I only had breakfast here and it was okay. They seem to use fresh ingredients. I am not a huge crepe fan. I think the price was fair.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed December 4, 2015

I came here especially for the crepes. I'm half French-Canadian, and I grew up eating crepes. So naturally I am drawn to creperies like a fly to honey. I had the Berries and Crème crepe, nd it was very nice! Plenty of berries and whipped crème, and not too much powdered sugar. My mother would've been proud! It's places like this that reassures me of how good food does not have to be expensive! The only thing I must advise is that the staff should pay more attention to their surroundings. If I hadn't of reminded the little chef about otherwise, I'd have left without paying (not that I'd ever do that!).

Date of visit: December 2015

Been to La Crepe Bistro? Share your experiences!