“A fantastic hotel in a great location.”

Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Brooklyn, New York
“A fantastic hotel in a great location.”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This hotel came highly recommended from a friend who had stayed here prior for a conference. I had mentioned I was planning on doing some sight seeing in DC and he told me to stay here. The lobby is very large with plenty of room to relax after a long day of touring. The only gripe I had with this place was the front desk staff and shuttle service. They offer a free shuttle to the metro line so you don't have to worry about parking but it's a hassle to schedule it. We waited over an hour in the lobby for the "driver" to show up. He never did and a person behind the desk eventually took us. Getting back to the hotel was another obstacle. I cant' recall how often the shuttle was supposed to come around but we waited a good 45 mins before we called the hotel and asked to be picked up. I'd give this hotel a 5 if it wasn't for the poor shuttle service.

Aside from that, the rooms were flawless. You have to pay to use the wi-fi but the lobby area has it for free. I used the fitness center and jacuzzi. I did not eat at the restaurant but the lounge area is very nice and it overlooks the pool. I am a bit skeptical about booking another reservation here. I hope their shuttle service has improved since my last stay. Overall I was impressed by the hotel and will continue to stay with Marriott when I can.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank sfmarine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel in last fall (2011) for Washington DC trip.
This hotel is very clean and has nice staffs.
Good for DC access.
Parking is free!!
I think this hotel is the best choice for Washington DC trip plan.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BAMAPR
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear Theresa,
Thank you for your observations of our hotel. It is great to hear that you found our location to be so convenient to everything you needed while still providing a great value. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Great location, HUGE hotel, beautiful setting and very cozy rooms. Great all around especially for the price!! This will be the ONLY hotel we stay at when visiting our friends in that area. We were close to stores, very close to the interstate, it only took us 20 minutes to get into D.C. This is THE place to stay if you're going to this area to visit for a few days.

Room Tip: The websites offers you options for which type of rooms or which floors so there really aren't a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Barnegat, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel about 3 months ago on a business trip that I went on. This hotel was very clean, staff was wonderful and food was great. The rooms were clean and updated. Beds were very comfortable also. Room was also free of noises. Check in/out was very smooth. Restaurant was clean and food was great. The pool and fitness center were also very clean but a bit busy in the late afternoon. We spent the afternoon in their convention rooms and again, staff was great and the food they served was great.

I am only giving this a 4 rating for one reason, they charge $13 a day for WiFi connection. Even though I didn't pay for any of this trip, I still feel that if I am paying for the room, they should give me a special password to allow connection to their WiFi w/o a charge.

Note: This hotel is in a business park and is approx 20 miles outside of Washington DC. (this note is not negative)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank erick4k
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Thank you for your observations about our hotel. I am pleased to see you were able to take advantage of our amenities. I also wanted to let you know that we have since added new equipment in our health club and are in the process of completely renovating our meeting space. I hope that we will hear from you again once you see the "new look"!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Our check-in was smooth, and the staff pleasant. We got recommendations for nearby sports bars as we wanted to watch football over dinner. We could see as we walked to the elevator that renovations were going on as there were fabric samples on a board.

We were assigned a room on the top floor. It was cold when we arrived, so we set the thermostat to 75 degrees and waited for it to warm up. After 10 minutes, the room wasn't any warmer, so I called the front desk. They said they'd send up an engineer, and he arrived soon after the call. The engineer opened up the heating unit, worked on it, and then said he thought the room would be warmer in 20 minutes.

Unfortunately, 20 minutes later, the room felt just as cold. I still had on my winter coat. I was going to call the front desk when I heard a knock on the door. It was the engineer checking on the room. He felt badly that the room hadn't warmed up and said he would arrange another room for us. A few minutes later he came back with room keys, and helped us take our luggage to our new room which was on a lower floor. This new room was definitely warmer than our previous one, although we now had a queen rather than a king bed. We were happy to have a warm room! It was great that the engineer was so attentive to our comfort.

When we went down to the front desk a bit later to return the keys from our old room, the front desk staff was very apologetic about our cold room. We requested 2 blankets to be on the safe side. When we got back from dinner, the blankets were on our bed. This was very nice.

Breakfast the next morning was excellent. There was a nice assortment of delicious fresh and dried fruit. The cheese potatoes were yummy and a different offering than most breakfast buffets have. The buffet looked beautiful and was very well maintained throughout the meal.

This hotel is just a couple minutes drive from a lot of the shopping and restaurants on Leesburg Pike, yet it is in a quiet location. I plan to stay here again.

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Macybear
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay with us. I apologize for your first room being too cold. While I am happy to see that we were able to address your concerns, I'm sorry that it happened in the first place. I'm also glad to see that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet--it is a great value, and I will share your compliments with our team. We look forward to your next visit!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 January 2012

This hotel is under rennovation, and that is good. The rooms were clean and nice. The breakfast was good and the service both in the restaurant and at the front desk was very good. The front desk staff was very helpful in using Marriott Bonus Bucks, which Marriott seems to make very difficult to use.

The soft beds were the big downside. They need new mattresses.

Otherwise a pleasant stay in a convenient location.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay while taking advantage of the Bonus Bucks promotion. I am sorry to hear of your concerns about the mattresses in your room. We will of course address this immediately, and I appreciate your bringing this to my attention. I look forward to your next visit.
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The room was clean and roomy. The bed was very comfortable. The senior rate on a Saturday night stay was very reasonable.

Room Tip: We stayed on a lower floor. Very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
5.2 km away
The Westin Tysons Corner
The Westin Tysons Corner
#4 of 15 in Falls Church

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!