“Outstanding experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fishersville
“Outstanding experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

I had an outstanding experience at this hotel during my holiday travels! I could not disagree more with some of the other responses. I found the mattress and bedding to be "heavenly." I did not want to get out of bed in the morning because it was so comfortable. I found my entire room to be very comfortable including the air conditioning. It was not noisy at all and the temperature of my room was perfect. A reviewer below mentioned that they couldn't open the window. In what hotel are you able to open the windows anymore? None that I've stayed in for years! If people want perfection, stay home. But if you want anything close to perfection, stay at this hotel! I will definitely stay again when traveling through Virginia!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Oberlin, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed 2 nights here...Mon 12/19 & Tues 12/20...It's right off the highway...1 short exit from a very congested area with lots of shopping, restaurants,etc..so it's quiet here...Clean rooms!...comfy bed & pillows!...Nice complimentary breakfast bar!...The staff's attitude of friendliness & helpfulness exceeded any place we've ever stayed!! (Thanks Sheila, Connie & many others).. complimentary yummy cookies .. easy check in & check out....free newspaper @ your door in a.m....pool & exercise room..
GREAT HOTEL...GREAT JOB HAMPTON STAFF!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Eastport, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn on two separate nights in Nov., 2011. This is a new facility and offers the traveler very clean rooms, all the standard amenities, a decent complimentary breakfast, and a friendly staff. There's a great little indoor pool and exercise equipment off a comfortable lobby. The building is very convenient to I-64. It was unfortunate that we found the room's environment so uncomfortable. In short, the room was HOT! We had to run the air conditioner (and this is in November) most of the night, and we were still uncomfortable. Adding to the problem was that the bedding consisted of a sheet and a very heavy spread/quilt, which we both had to kick off too try to get cool. Also you can't open the windows, which for us is a major drawback. And the air conditioning is quite noisy. So we had a bad nights sleep both nights. I should also point out that the only close by restaurants are a Wendy's and a McDonalds. There is a good sandwich deli right next door. If you want something else you have to drive several miles down I-64. While our stay was marred by a lousy sleep, all other areas of this hotel were above average. Other travelers may well have a better experience than we did.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 40622John
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

We would definitely stay here again when in Waynesboro. The hotel is new and very clean. Rooms and especially, bathrooms are very spacious, much more than a typical chain hotel of this class. The hotel itself is very quiet. The bedding and mattress was comfortable, with fluffy comforters, air conditioner worked well, though was a little bit on a noisy side, internet was free, and stuff was welcoming, accommodating and friendly. Breakfast was well-stocked with typical Hampton Inn food, which was very filling and was enough for us to skip lunch. Tea bags and fruit (bananas, apples and oranges) were available to guest throughout the day all day, not just for breakfast. The only negative is that towels were worn and dingy.

When visiting the area, make sure to stop by P. Buckley Moss museum. Beside well-known paintings, there’s is a pretty amazing Amish dollhouse in the museum– a must-see. Entrance to a Blue Ridge parkway is very short drive from the hotel. Since the hotel is away form the center of the city, you have to drive to get to restaurants. There is a few there, but not very many, and on a Saturday evening they were packed – it’s better to make reservations.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank perlusha
Virginia Beach
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights the end of October. We have never had such hard beds in a hotel before in our lives. I mean neither of us could sleep on that bed. We had a suite room and the entire bedding was different from when we last stayed there in that exact same room! The hotel was spotless as usual but after all, people have to be able to be comfortable enough in a bed to be able to sleep! My shoulder bone felt like it was going straight through to my other shoulder when I laid on my side. AWFUL AWFUL HARD mattress! We were very unset over the change as that was always our favorite hotel for years!
Find another hotel besides this one so you can be comfortable!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dreams_come_tru
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

I love staying at this property when I travel to the Staunton/Lexington area for work. This hotel is convenient to the highway - directly off of exit 91 I believe on I-64 West. It's next to a gas station with a deli inside and up the street from Sheetz, McDonald's and Wendy's. There are other restaurants going towards downtown Staunton like Chili's, a sushi/hibachi place (I only recommend the hibachi, the sushi was drowned in sauce) and a Wal-Mart and Martin's grocer. This hotel is clean, has a nice hotel and workout room (some Hamptons don't have either or don't have a great one) and the breakfast is always well stocked by one of the nicest employees. The front desk staff is helpful and so welcoming, even when I get there at 1am. This is why I'm loyal to Hilton! I would definitely recommend this if you're a family on a road trip, great place to stay for kids and good, free breakfast in the mornings. Business travelers, nice place to stay well within budget.

Room Tip: Any - all great. Rooms are available on the first floor.