“Not a fan”
Review of The Oak Grill

The Oak Grill
Ranked #43 of 100 Restaurants in Front Royal
Reviewed May 5, 2018

This place is fine. Not the best. I just wasn't a fan of the seafood. Didn't seem super fresh I guess. And the table over spilled their drink and left and none of the staff went to clean it up. They just left it there. I haven't been back since.

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a place to eat lunch in Front Royal & were so hungry we pulled in not knowing what we'd find. My husband had oyster pohboy & fries: both were excellent! I had a delicious portabella mushroom "burger" that was sloppy and super good & very filling! My husband would have liked more oysters & next time will ask for more & offer to pay an up charge. The French fries were comparable to Boardwalk fries. The buns are home made. We also had pieces of wonderful home made pies. Atmosphere is austere, but when the food is this good - who cares. Can't wait to try more on their menu!

Reviewed June 22, 2017

This is a small, rather humble restaurant with an epicurean chef who puts out 5-star meals at bargain prices. The seafood is perfectly prepared and beyond delicious (esp. the oysters), but my-oh-my the BEEF! It is seared to a turn, creating a delectable smell that is topped only by unimaginably great taste. Even though 1 1/2 hours away from home, we will be making the trip to Front Royal regularly - for dinner at The Oak Grill.

Reviewed May 6, 2017

We stopped in the Oak Grill for lunch on our drive home from Florida. It was a really nice place to have a quick lunch. There is a parking lot in front, the menu is not extensive, but provides the basics and for a change of pace, there were lunch and dinner specials listed on a blackboard. They also listed several homemade pies, which we did not sample. The nice thing about this place is that you can get a meal for approximately the price of fast food (of course it depends on what you eat). We were served by a very nice woman named Debbie who refilled our ginger ales without being asked. Our sandwiches came with really good "boardwalk" fries, which do remind me of something you can get a county fair or on a beach boardwalk.

Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

Come on people..I get this restaurant doesn't serve alcohol and it's a weekend however.....the seafood is great here!! Got a Oyster n Scallop Combo platter and was delicious...not real big portions but for $13.99 it was filling..however platter very tasty..