All reviewsbed was comfortablestaff was friendlynight stayoatmealplenty of parkingpetskylinesoapmicrowave
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We stayed here for a couple of day's and loved it. The breakfast could have been better & the pillow's were flat but the room was very clean & the staff was amazing. We checked in around midnight & the lady @ the front desk made us feel very welcome. She was also still there when we went down for breakfast at 6am & was still very cheerful even after being there all night. I would stay there again & anyone looking for a great stay should also stay here.

Room Tip: We had a suite & it was great.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2011

My husband & I were in town 4 a couple days so we stayed @ the Super 8 & I am so glad we did. The price was good & the staff there is great. They r so friendly & ready 2 help in any way they can. The lady @ the front desk went out of her way 2 bring extra towels 2 our room, when I called down 2 the front desk around 1 am 2 ask 4 more towels I told the lady I would come down & get them but she wouldn't hear of it, she said she would bring them right up & less than 5 minutes later she was there with out towels. Great service. We slept very well. The only thing I think that they need 2 change is the pillows because the 2 we had in our room were so flat & the breakfast was not good at all. They need maybe some fruit & maybe oatmeal or just something more than what they have now. But I would stay there again & plan 2. Staying @ the Super 8 in Front Royal, Va. is just like stay with your family they make you feel so welcome there & they treat you like you are part of the family.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This hotel is located in downtown Front Royal, VA which provides for a great spot if being in the center of town matters. We ended up staying here because the price was $90 a night so we figured it would be a decent hotel for that price.

The hotel is very dated inside and old smelling. The lobby looks decent clean-wise and the hotel itself was not looking too bad on the outside.

The rooms are decent size, as we had one with 2 double beds. The bathroom is tiny and nothing fancy. The room itself was not filthy, but it needed a little going-over in the bathroom and was NOT a room to take your shoes off in. There was a huge beetle in the washrorom that scurried away from me when I went close to him.

The mattresses were completely covered in thick plastic cases which is a sign that they either had bedbugs or are accustomed to having them. I dont know. I took the chance, as I did not see any evidence of dead bugs, skins, blood spots etc and hoped to heck that this was for preventative reasons. Disgusting though. We did not end up with bed bugs at all..whew.

The breakfast was not much but great for a cup of juice, coffee or some cereal.

What turned me off the most was that for a 12 hour use (on the road traveling) this was so expensive and so completely uninviting. I would never stay there again unless my car blew up and I could not sleep in it.

It would be best not to stay there unless you are really desperate for a room or want to take a chance on catching something.

I would not recommend children to stay in this hotel but just weary travelers in dire need.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JennyIceland
Reviewed September 6, 2011

There is nothing special about this place. It is average.

My room was clean as were the grounds. The front desk was helpful and even let me park my motorcycle under the awning because it was raining.

This might be the best motel if you are wanting something downtown.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ajayhawkfan
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Stayed here before driving on the Skyline. We arrived very late, the reception were very welcoming and the room was great. We had plenty of towels and complimentory toiletries. Breakfast was cereal, toast, muffins ect. The coffee was hot and the juice cold. Really excellent value as we only paid £42.00 for two of us. We would definatly stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple