Lackawanna B&B
US$130
US$119
US$66
US$57
Twi-Lite Motel(Front Royal)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$60
Royal Inn Motel(Front Royal)
US$55
Front Royal Motel(Front Royal)(Great Value!)
US$49
Blue Ridge Motel(Front Royal)(Great Value!)
US$55
All reviewsfront porchgracious hostscomplimentary winehistoric housebed and breakfastcold beveragesquiet surroundingsvery pleasant stayphilsandyrestoredpoodlelilyroyalshenandoahwashington
Reviewed December 30, 2014

My wife and I were so happy we chose the Lackawanna Inn for a brief overnight stay. Wonderful rooms, hosts and setting. We highly recommend a stay here when you are anywhere near the Front Royal area.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2014

This is our 4th time staying w/Phil and Sandy and it's always great.They're both wonderful cooks and very knowledgeable about the area. Don't hesitate to make their Inn a destination point in beautiful Front Royal.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fun.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful 150 year old restored B&B that is superb. The rooms are large and comfortable. The owners, Phil and Sandy, are always there ready to make sure you are comfortable. The breakfasts are delicious. They have snacks and complimentary wine. Modern conveniences like wifi are also available. Nothing is left out. They will recommend sights to see and have maps. Truly a 5-star stay!!

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Heidicrnp
Reviewed October 12, 2014

I felt very uncomfortable almost as soon as I arrived. I reminded Sandra of an email I had sent more than a week earlier stating that I'd be using a different credit card than the one I reserved with. She said they already ran my card (I've never stayed someplace where they charge you The full amount *before* you've actually arrived). I reminded her of the email, which she and her husband claimed they never got. They had responded to it and I offered to show it to them but then they became huffy and dismissive. They refunded the one card and charged the other while we waited over 15 min. I asked if they could just bring my card to my room when they were done so I could settle in and Sandra said I was being "unpleasant". Neither host ever smiled or showed any level of hospitality.

The house is very old (a good or bad thing depending on who you are), the doors were difficult to close and we never did figure out how to lock ours. There is a notice in the room stating the max charge of the room is $164 but we were charged $174 plus a water treatment fee which is not disclosed on the website.

The TV is the size of a computer monitor and is at least 20 feet from anywhere to sit.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2014

We took a short trip from DC out to the Shenandoah for a day of zip lining and decided we'd spend just one night in Front Royal. We picked Lackawanna based on the good TripAdvisor reviews and the fact that there was "two night minimum". But after having spent one night, I wish we had just taken 2 anyway - it was wonderful!

Phil welcomed us and gave us the brief tour, complete with many nice complimentary things like snacks, bottled water, access to a mini fridge, DVD movies, a comfortable, beautiful living room with set up puzzles waiting for you and books. We were able to get on our way quickly after check in, but the next morning welcomed time sitting after breakfast with Sandy and Phil in the living room talking about their work restoring the wonderful house and a bit of the history of the area. Another added bonus was the puzzle room where, after dinner on our only night there, we chatted with other guest who were working on the puzzle. All of these are the reasons we stay at B&Bs!

We stayed in the Rose Room and it was lovely - complete with a cozy corner heater to take the little morning fall chill out of the air. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was wonderful. Tall ceilings on the 2nd floor makes all the rooms feel even more grand. Breakfast was served by our hosts and was made with care and absolutely delicious (quiche, home fries, bacon (on the side which accommodated us perfectly as vegetarians), berries and yogurt, homemade blueberry muffins, etc).

We are looking forward to our return soon - it's a wonderful get-a-way for anyone, especially those of us who need a bit of a stay-cation from the DC hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple